Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blephasteam® is the first eyelid warming device

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blephasteam® is the first eyelid warming device

    I am wondering if anyone already tried it ? I wont to order cost a lot of money . appreciate letting me know


    http://www.blephasteam.com/home.htm

  • #2
    Hi,

    I ordered it. I have been using it for about two weeks. I have not seen any improvements yet. After I use it, my eyes feel good for about ten minutes.
    Lasik victim 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      jax8it, what is the cost, with shipping?
      Thanx

      Comment


      • #4
        They were about $400 with shipping. You will need to buy an adapter for our outlets in the US.
        Lasik victim 2012

        Comment


        • #5
          facial steamer or simply steam it in the bathroom ?

          Good to know .Thanks! Of corse you cant send it back..correct ? Also would it be the same effect like using facial steamer or simply steam it in the bathroom ?
          Originally posted by jax8it View Post
          Hi,

          I ordered it. I have been using it for about two weeks. I have not seen any improvements yet. After I use it, my eyes feel good for about ten minutes.

          Comment


          • #6
            No, you can't send it back for hygiene reasons. Yes, it is like using steam in the bathroom and we find a warm bath or shower more effective than the Blephasteam in lots of ways. But it's not always possible to have a warm bath or shower 2/day, plus we are dealing with face rosacea sensitive to detergents even tap water, and we have to do warm compress at minimum 1/day to keep the eyelid glands clean and functioning. I've talked to people who stop using Blephasteam because it 'doesn't work' in the same way medical treatments like probing or Lipiflow or IPL should, but it's been more a useful gadget for keeping things good on a regular basis.

            So, talking a teenager here who skips the treatment if she's tired or stressed, Blephasteam has been useful because it's easy and a regular temperature and travels anywhere. It's also been handy and regular when she was younger, halfway between me doing warm compresses and her doing it herself under supervision. It took the aggravation on both sides away.

            Cleaning the creases in the rubber goggles is a worry though, particularly because we are dealing with infected eye flareups, but I asked Butterflies Healthcare, the UK supplier, and they said use anything on the rubber and it's survived 1y so far. It is relaxing and convenient. We also use hot flannels and rice bags - we've had worries about hygiene, burning temperature, retaining enough heat long enough, and pressing on the eye inflammation. All these techniques, carefully managed, are just as good, I feel. It's about what makes life easier x
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi,

              I'm using this device every day and am very happy with it. I don't have enough experience with manual warm compresses- so I can't say if it's more effective for me. However, I occasionally do compresses using warm flannels/ rice baggies and they all make my eyeballs red. I like blephasteam because it doesn't make my eyes red- it heats the eyelids without pressure on the eyeball.

              I often will steam a tiny bit longer than it says in the directions. I do this by putting the goggles on and then pressing 'start' after 2-3 min.

              Littlemermaid- what are you using for cleaning the goggles at the moment? I use cleaning alcohol (95 degree)
              Last edited by Lacrima; 18-Dec-2012, 08:46. Reason: added info

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi,

                To me the goggles are similar to taking a hot shower, but like LM said you can't live in a shower. So thus far they have been very convenient. Lacrima, I am glad to hear you are seeing improvements. About how long after using the goggles did your symptoms start to improve?
                Also, the instructions say to clean with the blue cloth that comes with it or an alcohol swab. Should I use something different to clean?
                Thanks
                Lasik victim 2012

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jax8it View Post
                  Hi,

                  To me the goggles are similar to taking a hot shower, but like LM said you can't live in a shower. So thus far they have been very convenient. Lacrima, I am glad to hear you are seeing improvements. About how long after using the goggles did your symptoms start to improve?
                  Also, the instructions say to clean with the blue cloth that comes with it or an alcohol swab. Should I use something different to clean?
                  Thanks

                  Thank you, hope you have had improvements, too.

                  I can't remember exactly when my symptoms started to get better due to the goggles alone, because I started all my dry eye treatments at the same time (these included: doxy, restasis, omega 3). But between my initial diagnosis (where the doc suggested blephasteam) and follow up appointment two months later, I had improved significantly. My docs attribute a lot of my improvement to my daily blephasteam routine.

                  For cleaning- I prefer to use alcohol swabs when I can get them, otherwise cotton pads wetted with 95 degree alcohol. I make sure they are good quality, compacted type, so they don't come apart and leave strands of cotton on the goggles. You could use the blue cloth wetted with alcohol instead. I think this would be more appropriate according to the instructions.. but I found the cotton pads are ok as long as they are really good ones.

                  About once a month I wash the blephasteam bag with blue cloth inside, in the wash machine at 30 degrees with my clothes.
                  Last edited by Lacrima; 18-Dec-2012, 11:14. Reason: added something

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi,
                    Here is what one user says below...did you find that Goggles put too much pressure around the eyes as well ?
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I would sit holding them not away from my face (they have to make a seal around the eyes), but just so that they didn't press in so tightly. So, overall, not comfortable or relaxing to use. I do have very sensitive, delicate skin though and I do mark easily - others probably wouldn't find this a problem


                    Originally posted by Lacrima View Post
                    Hi,

                    I'm using this device every day and am very happy with it. I don't have enough experience with manual warm compresses- so I can't say if it's more effective for me. However, I occasionally do compresses using warm flannels/ rice baggies and they all make my eyeballs red. I like blephasteam because it doesn't make my eyes red- it heats the eyelids without pressure on the eyeball.

                    I often will steam a tiny bit longer than it says in the directions. I do this by putting the goggles on and then pressing 'start' after 2-3 min.

                    Littlemermaid- what are you using for cleaning the goggles at the moment? I use cleaning alcohol (95 degree)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Dog2012

                      I don't experience sensitivity or discomfort with goggles applying pressure. It is less than swimming goggles, for example. You can adjust the tightness with the strap anyway. They will leave goggle marks around the eyes for some minutes, so you probably don't want to do the steam right before leaving the house.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Dear Dog, Lacrima & Jax,
                          I wanted to try these, but Spectrum Thea won't ship to states- How do you get the goggles?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi,

                            My husband bought these for me. he said that he had to pay a customs charge. He purchased the goggles via email. it took about 2 weeks to get them.
                            Lasik victim 2012

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very easy

                              Here is an info
                              Contact James Sutton MCOptom
                              Butterflies Healthcare Ltd
                              Tel: 0845 838 6704 or 0333 700 6704
                              Fax: 0845 838 6714
                              james@butterflies-healthcare.co.uk



                              Originally posted by bunnyrabbit123 View Post
                              Dear Dog, Lacrima & Jax,
                              I wanted to try these, but Spectrum Thea won't ship to states- How do you get the goggles?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information