This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can you keep serum tears frozen

I might give them a try again and I have about a dozen left in the freezer. Its been almost 3 months tho....

my doc says they are good in the freezer for 12 months!

Comment

wow really? Who is your doc? I called my doc and his tech said 3 -4

Comment

i live in canada, but see like the best doctor here. He has been in articles with Dr. Lakany, and everything lol i trust him. plus i have serum in my freezer from last november and still use it.. and its still good.

P.S. what do you do for flare-ups? if you aren't really using anything. -i wish i didn't have to use anything, sometimes i think some products make it worse!

Comment

I just lay in bed with the humidifier on flare ups....i dont think anything helps

Comment

as i recall, your doctor wouldnt let you try a mild steroid? In my opinion, and this is just me...i would die without being able to use 1 drop every few days and twice per day during flare-ups. I would really push this... as it has allowed me to be sane on most days lol.. my pressures have never gone up more than 1 point, and my doctor said it fluctuates.

Comment

Different doctor. I might call another doc that does serum because I really dont want to waste all those little vials and drive 5 hrs one way.

Comment

If I were You Kate, I'd use them - odds are they are fine. Worst case they are less potent, best case they work as well as when they were brand new. No sense trashing them if you ask me!

Comment

Thanks Saag and Faith...I am going to use them again. They seem to have helped so many people.

Comment

My understanding is that they become less effective but should still be safe to use.

Comment

The red cross makes them here in Australia. they make enough heaps really to last a year. iinitially they made things worse but now ten months after they r helping. so i think they r still good. but mine come in individual vials for single use.
                      http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
                        My understanding is that they become less effective but should still be safe to use.
                        Exactly! Commonly accepted guidelines for potency are that in the freezer, they are good for 3 months - I even saw one abstract which said 6mo (I think it was posted by someone on the forums here, but don't remember where) - having this change to 1 year wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                        X