No announcement yet.

Dr Korb 2016 video: recommends Blephasteam, squeeze lids etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Just tried your link Gilles. It’s not in English!

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
      Hi. Just tried your link Gilles. It’s not in English!
      The introduction is in Spanish, as it is a Spanish audience, but the whole conference after that is in English.

Comment

Thanks Giles. I did listen for what seemed an age!, Will try again. Apologies.

Comment

gilles are you using Blephasteam googgles? what's your routine?

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post
            gilles are you using Blephasteam googgles? what's your routine?
            I had the chance to borrow them from a local hospital 2 years ago, but I had a feeling that did they not help that much. On the other hand, I did not really understand my problem really well and thus did not pay attention to take good care of my eyes throughout the day (much screen use, cycling, outdoor activities without MCG, etc.). I also rubbed my eyes (as in "massage"), which might have been contra-productive (oc. rosacea=red eye and nerve "damage"=grittiness).

I bought one yesterday, leading to the videos I shared in this thread, as to adapt my routine. But I am suspicious that I have to do a LipiFlow and manual expression by a doctor before my routine has any effect as my glands seem blocked; there is a red line on the bottom of my upper eyelids and the summary beneath is only a good home treatment when the glands are unblocked (keeping the situation as it is/under control).

Routine: csA drops 3 times a day.
            Cold compress with TheraPearls when eyelids seem more inflamed (red).
            Blephasteam in the morning and evening (no massage, just blink exercise) and clean lashline (not eyelid margin) with blephasol on cotton pad.
            Wash face with ph neutral "soap" once a day (e.g. Sebamed), try to focus on cleaning the eyebrows.
            Recently bought omega3 (krill oil), but this is a waste as per dr. Korb, which I did not know at the moment of buying.
            Prescription glasses, as my left eye was kind of blurry (still not sure if this has anything to do with MGD), but it helps against eye strain.
            Will order Ziena Kai soon but am using eyeseals at night already, as to 24/7 keep the eyes moist (and thus lowering the inflammation).
            Wiley X Gravity for cycling.
            Thealoz duo eyedrops when needed.
            Try to limit screen usage to fixed times (mail checking etc.)
            Blink exercises throughout the day

I would recommend not using a screen (e.g. computer) when using the blephasteam and some time after, as to have a regular blink in order for the meibom to secrete out of the glands. Avoid desiccating stress on the eyes (fan, draft, screen, etc.) after blephasteam - because I feel they are a bit more sensitive - and as a general rule to protect your eyes.
            Last edited by gilles; 19-May-2020, 23:23.

Comment

i went out this morning and it was windy, my eyes were so sore and red.

gilles you mentioned about blinking exercises in dr korb's part 2 video around 27 mins but i cannot see this?

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post
                i went out this morning and it was windy, my eyes were so sore and red.

gilles you mentioned about blinking exercises in dr korb's part 2 video around 27 mins but i cannot see this?
                Here you can see him explain how to do them.

Comment

For people who found the videos of Donald Korb interesting, I invite you to watch following two videos of Dr. Art Epstein:

Art Epstein: Dry Eye: A Simple Approach to In-Depth Understanding
                  Arthur Epstein: Mastering Dry Eye: Step by step

Some notes I made from the content of these videos:
                  - Shannon Bream, who suffers from dry eye and finally got diagnosed of Recurrent Corneal Erosion. (doing some research I found examples of potential help are an operation, doxycycline and or zinc supplementation)
                  - Omega 3 (in tryglyceride form, but I wonder if phospholipids might not be even better)
                  - IPL works wonders for people with ocular rosacea
                  - Daily eyelid hygiene routine (with e.g. Hypochlorous Acid, HyClear)
                  - use of sleep mask as a way of sealing.
                  - For people who suffer from nocturnal lagophthalmos (and even people who suffer from abrasions on the cornea) vita-pos is recommended. As vita-pos consists of vitamin A, which might play a role in corneal ulcers. Keep in mind that there are contradictions in people saying that ointments might also block the glands; so it is recommended for night time use and proper eyelid hygiene in the morning is recommended.
                  Last edited by gilles; 13-Jun-2020, 00:01.

Comment

Working...
                  X