No announcement yet.

Doxycycline question for ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spmcc I was really wanting to ask if anyone on here had tried Mirvaso! It had been built up for that few years as being this wonder 'drug', I've followed it on the rosacea boards and a Dermatologist said it would basically cure my rosacea as it would get to the route cause of it. I wondered how she was so certain seeing as there isn't one know cause of rosacea. I found this quite strange as I have mild rosacea just flushing and blushing which isn't too bad at all now but has left some mild redness and spider veins behind which are easy to cover with make up but how would a cream be able to remove the redness and veins. Well now it's been released and I've seen the reviews I can't believe this is what they've come up with a cream that reduces the redness temporarily but doesn't look completely natural and then so many are experiencing rebound flushing which would seem entirely logical to me and my bio-chemistry knowledge is not my strong point.

Unicorn - I was prescribed Azithromycin for 10 days by a fairly well known Ophthalmologist in London. Didn't help at all, had been on Doxy for 2 months by that point. I think he just didn't have any other ideas. One of those £200 appointments where you are there for 20 mins and come away with no new information or in that particular case being told my TBUT was 8 secs so nearly normal then he wrote in the letter to my GP that it was 12 secs and my dry eye was mild....Saying that I think there w

So you all know I haven't gone mad http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/infection...lysal-300.html or http://www.mims.com/USA/patientmedic...ic/Lymecycline I think it's use is more prevalent in Europe, Australia and S.America, not sure why.

Diflucan hasn't worked for the yeast infection. Spoke to my GP and she said in her opinion I should stop Doxy as it will just reoccur (if it eventually goes away argh!). Not sure what to do really. I'm already taking probiotics in the evening and have been for about a month. Doxy has started making me nauseous again after I take it which it hasn't done since the first couple of week. Maybe a different type is the way to go or a lower dose. Thanks for your input guys I will discuss with my Ophth next month. the first time I was on Doxy my male ophth at the time whispered "difficult to ask but have you had any errr, how shall I put this? errr lady problems whilst taking Doxycycline?" So I just said loudly "what you mean yeast infections?" I think I'm missing the embarrassment gene!

Comment

Originally posted by lizlou29 View Post
      Diflucan hasn't worked for the yeast infection. Spoke to my GP and she said in her opinion I should stop Doxy as it will just reoccur (if it eventually goes away argh!). Not sure what to do really. I'm already taking probiotics in the evening and have been for about a month. Doxy has started making me nauseous again after I take it which it hasn't done since the first couple of week. Maybe a different type is the way to go or a lower dose. Thanks for your input guys I will discuss with my Ophth next month. the first time I was on Doxy my male ophth at the time whispered "difficult to ask but have you had any errr, how shall I put this? errr lady problems whilst taking Doxycycline?" So I just said loudly "what you mean yeast infections?" I think I'm missing the embarrassment gene!
      'Lady problems'... lol.

I think it might be worth asking about switching to Efracea, even if not immediately? I think that's my plan - try the Azithromycin again for a while, then go on the low-dose Doxy. (Btw I was wondering - does anyone know about taking 20mg, twice a day? I'm sure I have read it can be effective. Or if you broke a 50mg tab in half and took it twice a day - wouldn't that keep it subantimicrobial? Just rambling here.)

Funnily enough I have just been listening to a radio programme about yeast infections (good ol' Radio 4 ). It was saying a lot of the time they are misdiagnosed as such, so they don't respond to treatment - they can often be a reaction to perfumed soap etc. However since you've been on antibiotics it's much more likely it is a yeast infection. Problem is even swabs aren't always reliable - since candida albans occurs naturally on most people, its presence doesn't mean your symptoms are actually an infection.

Comment

Working...
      X