Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do with your saline pod once it's opened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do with your saline pod once it's opened?

I have bought sterile saline eyewash pods, but after the first use, there is still 3/4 of the pod left. What do you usually do, keep it in the fridge?

Also, can anyone recommend any gel drops that are really thick, as my eye doesn't fully close at night and ointment seems to not stay in my eye

Saline had antibacterial properties and as long as I keep it capped and use it within a week that seems to work for me

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
      Saline had antibacterial properties and as long as I keep it capped and use it within a week that seems to work for me
      Mine doesnt have a cap. Mine is those twisty off tops that you can't put back on. I wonder if I can find capped ones in the UK.

Comment

You are right they twist off but I just use a cap from Bion tears or Systane ultra, they work well. If the ap seems too small I force it open with scissor tips or something. I am sure if you wanted it to last longer you could keep it in the fridge as well to extend the life.

Comment

I've put vials of artificial tears that have the twist off tops you can't put back on in a small ziplock bag in the refrigerator, and used them up in a couple days and seemed fine. Likely can do this with saline vials too. But of course of you can use a cap from another brand vial like farmgirl suggests, that would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
          X