X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have Restasis side effects?

Hi everyone,

I've been on Restasis 2x per day now for exactly 2 months. Within the first few weeks, I noticed some side effects that I feel are still occurring, and may be because of this drug. I plan to continue taking it as i hear it takes at least 3 months before it starts to work, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this:

1. Eye pain/pressure/soreness: sometime it feels like my actual eyeball is sore an painful, like I was rubbing it really hard and now it's aching or something. This is a difficult feeling to describe. It comes and goes, often being sore for an hour to several, then goes away again
    2. Stuffiness: in general, I find my nose and sinuses feeling more stuffy and congested than ever before. This can happen any time of day, any location, any environment, etc. so I can't attribute it to allergy or anythin
    3. Dryness: I feel the actual dryness/sticky sensation has gotten worse. I'm not sure if this is actually because of Restasis or my condition is progressing. Before Restasis I feel my eyes were more photophobic, irritated and a bit itchy. Now I feel a more pronounced dryness, like it's hard to blink because my eyelids are not lubed up enough

Hope this all makes sense. please let me know your experience

Lauren

Hi there!
    Let me tell you about my experience; I'm on Restasis cause my birth control made me develop dry eye, at the beginning i had the same symptoms you have, you are not crazy, and I actually stopped using it for like a week cause I thought it was hurting me instead of helping me; I've been on it for like 4 months now and I'm finally starting to see some results, although, I still feel my eyes kinda swore, more puffy and you are right they do hurt after you use the medicine; I don't want you to take my advice but since I wear makeup in the morning, I'm not using them then, only at night and right before I go to bed cause I know it will make me uncomfortable if I'm awake.

But yeah, they do work, you just have to give it some time and they do have a lot of side effects.

Comment

Working...
    X