Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosting/Blurring with Restasis

Hi,

I've been using the german equivalent to Restasis (Ikervis) for 1 week now, 1 time before bed and my vision is pretty bad since then. I don't know exactly if it started exactly after the first dosage, but I am pretty sure. Light sources have a heavy glow around them, also white text on black background for example. Also my slight astigmatism (0.5 both eyes) is pronounced heavily. I had uncorrected visual acuity of 120% in the left eye, which is my better one. Now I can barely reach 100% with glasses on. Contrary my eyes feel much better and are a lot less red. Can this even happen so fast under Restasis? I thought it can't have a positive effect faster than 4 weeks.
    Did anyone ever here of these side effects? I'm pretty anxious about what's happening and if it's reversible.

Hi wissen1
    So you have MGD? if so, mild or ...? Why your doctor recommended Ikervis? To make oil thinner?

Seems many doctors say (and some reports support so) that both Restasis and Cyclosporine help with MGD
    Anyone knows the their function?

None of doctors ever recommended them to me - I wonder why???
    Dr. Paul Karpecki says in one of his latest viedos/lectures (June 2017, which I found last night)
    saying Restasis works more effective if at mild stage to put things under control.
    Last edited by MGD1701; 27-Jun-2017, 16:42.

Comment

I had burning eyes for the last 2 months, so I begged for something that gives me relief. So I got Ciclosporine eyedrops.

Comment

Hi Wissen1
        so your doctor gave you both Cicloporine and Ikervis/Restasis??
        What would these help you? to make your oil thinner, unblock glands???

Comment

Ciclosporine is the active substance in Ikervis/Restasis. It's a local immunosuppressant and helps to keep inflammation under control.

Comment

So I guess these phenomena are unknown here?

Comment

Working...
            X