Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop using ikervis temporarily if have eye infection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop using ikervis temporarily if have eye infection?

Sorry if this has been covered before - having a bad eye flare-up so can't stay online long. Desperate not to make thing worse so I'm not sure what's best.

Not sure if the ikervis will mean the stye takes longer to heal? Want to keep taking it because I'm keen to try to control the inflammation as best I can (eyes - especially the worse one - are still badly inflammed), but I'm thinking I should stop for a few days until the stye (hopefully) goes?

Every time I cry I get such bad flare-ups, but this is the first infection in a year. Went through a bad phase last year - each time I cried I got a stye. Went on doxycyline (still on it) and hadn't had one since then until now. Hoping this is a one-off.

Maybe you should stop it until it clears up? I'm not sure though.

Can the IKervis make an active eye infection worse? Or maybe that is more viral infections. There is something about ikervis and viral infections!

You should probably contact your gp? Ask them? Or if possible the opthamologist?

Comment

I decided to use it as normal last night in the end. Don't think it's made anything worse (touch wood!).

I'm pretty confident the stye wasn't caused by the ikervis. I was crying the night before, which always makes my eyes go really bad for the next few days. I didn't wash the tears away with eyedrops and lid scrubs straight away either. So think that's the cause. Until I started doxy, I got a stye after every time I cried. It's not easy to never cry unfortunately - but I try not to now.

Hopefully won't make the stye take longer to heal. I might try and contact the opthalmologist (my GP had barely heard of FML steroid drops and knew nothing about ikervis until my opthalmologist prescribed it).

Comment

IrishEyes1992 ive pm’d you

Comment

Working...
        X