Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if we cant use steriods what do we use for severe pain?help. im pretty down..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if we cant use steriods what do we use for severe pain?help. im pretty down..

anyone have any suggestions? i wear special moisture chamber sunglasses,, serum drops dont seem to help, reg oinment doesnt seem to help.. im also using progesterone/testosterone drops... my right eye is killing me and only steriods relieve it but i know im not supposed to use them much..what else can be done besides shutting my eyes?? i need to live .. Reg. n/p drops do little.. gel drops sting..

can somebody help me? im pretty down!
    Jenny

Kineret drop

Comment

never heard of this. where do we get it???
      Jenny

Comment

Ask Mass eye and ear if you can have Dr. Dana's contact information email. You take the drops three times a day.

Comment

will i have to go there to get an rx?? did u ? thanks..
          Jenny

Comment

yes but They send refills without having to keepk going back. They ship them.

Comment

Jenny. it takes time to find out through process of elimination- what is and what's not tolerant for the individuals eye. If you're banging everything into your eyes out of necessity at the moment. Then obviously, one or two of them items are gonna be no-good for you the individual. They all contain chemicals of some sort, and there is that much to go at on the market. It will take quite a while to be sure without any shadow of doubt, that this product works on me.
              Where as this particular product causes a reaction..

My opthamolagist who i first went to, i dismissed as barmy cos he said "stop putting all them things in your eyes- as they are healthy" they were definatly not!! so i changed opthamolagists, cos my depression was worsening at yet another failure.
              This guy has 25 yrs+ experience of performing eye surgery etc, and as time goes by more and more that the 'experts' told me 2 yrs ago which i thought was utter bull-**it is now becoming reality Ffwd to 2012/13 and i now dont put anything in my eyes, and situation is manageable, and as of last week requested a drop in dosage- now starting withdrawl from anti-depressents..

What i'm trying to say is reccomendations, are only that, a reccomendation, putting ANYTHING chemical in your eyes is never a good thing, but one day you will find the drop for you, and then be able to stick with it.. Pain killers are an above average risk i would say, of temporary drying more? i have no trouble at all with Anadin Extra.. But the prescription 'Codine' i experienced extra dryness... Only did it twice, the pain killer wears off as it should, and eyes revert back to what they were, no additional damage...

Comment

thanks colin..yes i dont want to take a pain killer as they dry me out further like u.. i just dont know what types of drops touse if steriods are the only ones that help my right eye--its burning all the time from sjogrens and mgd.. ahhh.. doc said to use lotemax ointment for 2 weeks to get inflammation down... i just know i cant rely on steriods long term.. been using them off and on (more on) for the psat 5 years.. i dont want glaucoma or early cataracts. scares me.. but when my eye is that painful everyday i have no life and am MIserable!!! i guess all i can do is pray.. i know others on here use steriods quite often too...out of necessity i guess....

colin what has helped u the most? do u stay away from steriods? what do u use for inflammation? u dont use drops or anything?? i have to w/ sjogrens as i dont produce many tears.
                Jenny

Comment

Tanner--do the kineret drops help with sjogrens dry eye?? i have inflammation from extreme dryness plub mgd.. but right now its my right eye that is bone dry due to sjogrens... even after geting my glands expressed it is so dry and painful.. can kineret drops help with that??? i dont know how i could get to Mass...
                  Jenny

Comment

Just a thought Jenny, do you think it might help to put a patch on that bad eye for a few days and just use your serum drops and maybe some saline to give it a rest from everything...light...drops...etc and maybe a chance to calm down. That's probably what I would try...cheers...F/G

Comment

Working...
                    X