This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey Revision - for Sensitive Eyes/MGD

And not just honey. Emphasis on "revision" - to tone down stinging and/or foreign-sensation of any/all drops..

I have clear pics in my files of severe MGD in my eyelids, which especially causes me to feel as if there's a foreign object in my right lid. And no it was not caused by probing. So much for that fallacy which I read on someone's thread on these forums. The pics proving my MGD were done prior to probing. My MGD was caused by other factors (a combo of brite flurescent light of horrible Samsung LCD, combined with too much cold/dry air, combined with exposure to chemicals). All this sustaintedly. The doctor didn't think amniotic membrane was indicated for my Bowmans Dystrophy (beneath cornea layer), since the lack of oil flow from my lids might vulnerablize them all over again.

Anyway Now To The Point:

I add a bit of regular honey to distilled warmed water so that its a sorta pastel-golden color. I then pour it into a dropper bottle - after it cools off. My dropper happens to have a bit wider mouth - inherited from a wacko homeopathist.

Next:
    I also have distilled water inside a regular dropper bottle, which was formerly licorice extract.
    (but it's also the type of bottle that liquid stevia, or health-food cough drops come in.

Next:
    I instill approx. 2 drops of my diluted honey into my eyes.
    But because they might cause a "foreign body effect" due to crystalizing or thickening, I imediately instill the dropper of pure water into each eye as well, and then "blink" plus gently press on closed lids to diffuse it into my eyes.

If i'm not mistaken, the wonderful Dr.Holly warned against ointments, and advocated lighter stuff.
    That's exactly what i've discovered by now.

And that's why I need to instill my pure-water drops both after applying the honey drops AND even after I use the ultra-light Similisan-DryEye...
    ...in order to dilute them a bit. That helps toward somewhat alleviating the foreign body sensation caused by my snarled MGD eyelid.

Mind you, this is merely a tip. Not a cure. It helps me somewhat. At least for now. Will Dr. ****** ever perfect the stem cell injector he had mentioned somewhere? To hopefully regnerate the meibomian glands?
    ...Something to think about.
    CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic
Working...
X