X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluten free

Hi everyone,

I used to post on here a few years ago when my dry eyes started in 2014. I just wanted to come back and post about this in case it is helpful.

For about a year I tried so many supplements and medications to fix my dry eyes which started very suddenly when I was 26. In the end I gave up and decided to stay on doxycycline every day for the rest of my life....

Anyway a couple of months ago I developed rhinitis which has now become chronic and won't go away. I did some research and read how it can be a symptom of thyroid disease, which can be linked to gluten. I thought it would be worth giving a gluten free diet a try to see what happens.

After 2 weeks on this diet I realised I had forgotten to take my doxycycline for a few days. Usually if I forget to take it my eyes burn like crazy which is my reminder to take the medication. But i realised my eyes were not burning despite missing two doses...i decided to keep going to see what would happen. It's now been 2 weeks without the doxy and my eyes are feeling great. About 80-90% better. And hopefully it will continue! I am so pleased to be able to stop taking antibiotics because it's probably messed up my gut a lot....anyway I know other people have talked about diet helping their dry eyes before, but I hope that my adding this it will encourage more people to try new things with their diet. It might help

When you were on doxy, how many MG were you taking? For how long were you on it? Did it exacerbate chronic constipation?

Comment

Working...
    X