This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vastly improved

Been dealing with dry eyes since august 2011 and no im not healed but in terms of symptoms pain and everything i think I have won my battle with dry eyes. it was hard at first and left me in deep depression. What I hated about getting dry eyes it came at a moment where I had to go back to school and try to have a career thats what hurt me the most.

I have beaten dry eyes , the only thing I want to achieve though is to heal it completely and I could do that one summer but i would have to stay away from technology for 3-4 months which wont be easy. It might be 2014 but for sure i may try it in summer 2015. Wouldnt be it best that i just try to recover from it? Im afraid it might effect my internet business. So dry eyes is might have an impact on my financial, educational but when you talk in terms of humanistic and body, I have won the fight. Its just a matter of ....I will have to sacrfice, money or a semester of school due to my eyes because I would have to stay away from the computer and internet. This will be my only challenge but we all know that the human is more important and our one self. If dry eyes do not lead into depression or pain thats better then having a `` financial or work related problem ``. You agree? Its a step forward. Materials are just materials, happiness comes from one self. Its a problem that really came at a bad time when I was already dealing with depression and had to choose a career. Since I couldnt stay long on the computer and thats what I loved, I was like what Im going to do? Im screwed. As you can see the articles on dry eye talk, it says possible '' loss of revenue '' since we would have to stop working due to our eyes well in the future that would be my only challenge. Its true, I would have to leave my job for a few months but otherwise the battle is won.

Guys, hang in there and if anybody needs tips or support im here. Dry eyes will be a story of past for you.

What do you think helped the most?

Comment

I've been dealing with it since september 2011.

Since last year i've been better (I mean, I don't usually feel anymore that kind of burning feeling that makes any opening of the eye such unbearable stressful situation).
      But I know I'm better just because the AC at my work place is broken since last year, and I start wearing a moisture chamber glasses outdoors either.

When I stay in a place with AC for some hours, like yesterday, my day is ruined, and I remember what the really hell was 2012 for me. I got no improvement in my eyes, just improvement in my enviroment and protection of my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
        What do you think helped the most?
        thats a good question, Ive no idea but i think my body got used to the pain and I dont really feel it anymore. I would say exercise and green tea helped me a lot. Just keep exercising.

Comment

Yeah, okay.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_bristow View Post
            Yeah, okay.
            Im actually very serious. I wouldnt have wasted my time creating this thread.The pain and discomfort I felt at the beginning wasn't ANYTHING like right now. Im on the computer all the time which is something I didnt do before. The pain and sensation is still there but it has vastly vastly improved, its definitely livable. I havent been complaining about my eyes for 6-8 months. Exercising has many benefits and tea has been known to reduce stress, anxiety and a lot of other stuff. I feel more calm after drinking it.

I am simply explaining that dry eyes isn't about the physical pain its also psychological war as you feel anxiety, depression and frustration. My anxiety level was very high at the beginning, all of this nightmare IS GONE.The only thing that will affect me is my earnings $. Who cares? Imagine you have won a battle of cancer but you had to spend 5k for it. Its like saying I am finally cured of a disease but Im worrying about my bank account.

Comment

So happy for you - hopefully things continue to improve for you.

And I totally agree with you that battling this is more than just the physical stuff - it is definitely a mental battle too. As you know, how you feel mentally can drastically affect a person's ability to cope with the eye stuff, and exercise can help a lot with the mental side of things.

To anyone doubting this or dismissing it,

Picture 2 people with the exact same eye problems and intensity
              Person A: Depressed as hell, anxious as hell too
              Person B: Somehow found a way to be happy anyways

Who will suffer more? Obviously Person B is better off and will have a better quality of life than Person A- even though their eyes are the SAME. Sure we'd all like our eyes cured right now, but if they can't be cured right this minute, might as well make the best of what we do have since that's better than the alternative.

Comment

I agree in part. Stress plays a huge part in a lot of illnesses but what if you have a family to support and no significant savings? (thank goodness I'm not in this position) Could you just take a few months off to see if your eyes get better? Probably not. If computer use is definitely the cause then I suppose you could find a way to do it. Money DOES make the world go round unfortunately.

I am so happy for you that you are winning the battle but I'm just saying for some it's not quite so easy when the pain is debilitating, when you wake up throughout the night to put eye drops in and each day is more of the same or your condition gets progressively worse because no underlying cause has been found.

I'm having CBT for pain management and trying to manage the stress as well as I can. I'm not depressed luckily but as I've experienced it in the past I know it's not a choice to not be depressed so for people in that position its not just a decision to make the most of it and get on with it etc unfortunately.

If you have a family to support and no significant savings

Comment

Originally posted by lizlou29 View Post
                  I agree in part. Stress plays a huge part in a lot of illnesses but what if you have a family to support and no significant savings? (thank goodness I'm not in this position) Could you just take a few months off to see if your eyes get better? Probably not. If computer use is definitely the cause then I suppose you could find a way to do it. Money DOES make the world go round unfortunately.

I am so happy for you that you are winning the battle but I'm just saying for some it's not quite so easy when the pain is debilitating, when you wake up throughout the night to put eye drops in and each day is more of the same or your condition gets progressively worse because no underlying cause has been found.

I'm having CBT for pain management and trying to manage the stress as well as I can. I'm not depressed luckily but as I've experienced it in the past I know it's not a choice to not be depressed so for people in that position its not just a decision to make the most of it and get on with it etc unfortunately.

If you have a family to support and no significant savings
                  Exactly, I am lucky to still be single and no financial pressure or else I would have even a worse time. We say being single has no benefits but in the capitalistic World, it could be a good thing. Always do the wise decisions for yourself and as for my dry eye psychological battle, it wasnt easy but im past it. Its more of psychological battle then just the pain itself.

Comment

Sorry some of my post doubled up there. Stupid smartphone ☺

Brilliant if you can stay positive through all this. I have a supportive boyfriend and family but some of us need a little extra help to deal with the often relentless nature of dry eye e.g counselling.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Hi. You talk about how staying away from technology is helping you overcome your eye problems. I have mild dry eye symptoms (dryness, grittiness, eye strain) But what is most disheartening is the very apparent eye vessels on the surface of my sclera that have been there for years. I find that the serverity of the veins diminish (never disappear) when I avoid computer/tv for a few days only to return to it's peak when I resume regular activites. Have you ever experienced with this kind of eye redness? What have you done to combat it, and is the solution temporary or permanent?

Comment

Working...
                      X