Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meibomian Gland Dysfunction: Is this really possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meibomian Gland Dysfunction: Is this really possible?

Hi,
    I have posted earlier in this triumph section when I got significant relief in the ways my eye felt. I do not have infection. What I have is a little dry eyes and I get clear bumps or capped glands regularly, as often as every other day. I had never imagined something like this would ruin my life. Nothing was giving me relief. I tried all steroid drops which gave me temporary symptom control. tried all lubricating drops. tried warm compresses once or twice a day for 10 mins with a rice baggy. tried lid hygiene and lid scrubs. Everything fancy and non fancy. I got some relief in the way I felt may be due to getting used to the disease. I eat so well that my family says I must be the most healthy person on the face of the earth. I drink green vegetable and carrot juice daily. take my omega 3 and everything. I also tried azasite which did not help.

Then one day I was talking to my dad and he said use alum (turti/phitkari in my native language in India). I asked him to ship it to me. Its an old remedy use when you get conjunctivitis for a warm water compress here is something about alum

(Alum is a well known for its antiseptic properties. Alum Powder is used as an After Shave. The 'After Shave' creams that you get in market spoil and blacken your skin and make it rough on prolonged use of these creams. Instead if you use Alum Powder on your face after shaving, it makes you skin soft and also if there happens to be any small cut during shaving, Alum cures it immediately.

Alum is used as a beauty agent in traditional India. Paste made out of Alum powder is very beneficial to your skin. It softens your skin and also is one of the best ways to get rid of those dark circles that you get below your eyes.
    You will find the difference of glow on your skin if you use Alum Powder once daily.

Alum is also one of the best purifying agents. When a small amount of Alum is mixed in a huge jar of water, it removes all the impurities in the water and settles them to the bottom of the jar. Thus the water is purified with Alum and is completely safe to drink now.)

I stopped doing the warm compress with the rice baggy. Took a bowl of water and heated it in the microwave, took an alum piece and moved it around in the water for a few seconds and used a washcloth to do a warm compress everyday once. I also do a second warm compress daily just with warm water and washcloth without the alum as it is a bit drying. After the warm compress I use a rich eye cream and lubricating drops 4-5 times a day. Today is day 15 I have not got even one capped gland. the ones I had have disappeared and the whites of my eyes are whiter than ever before. in the past 2.5 years this is the first time I have had 100% symptomless eyes for the first time. From everyday and every other day to 15 days! every single day I tell my husband I don't have any capped glands. I used to cry because of this disease which would give me swollen eyes and more capped glands. For past 3 days I cried tears of happiness and relief and voila, no capped glands! My one and only wish is to help all who suffer from this disease and get at least as much relief as I got. May be once in 15 days capped glands are something that is like a dream come true. I am not saying that my glands will cap but even if they do its great.

For us living in the states I guess you should get alum or turti online or in asian or Indian grocery stores.

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad it's given you relief. Just out of curiosity, how safe is alum? I know alum contains aluminum. It's used in deodorants, but there's been a link between the aluminum found in deodorants and breast cancer.

Comment

Honestly I dont know. But I plan to ask my doctor. This is the only thing that has helped me till date.

Comment

Working...
      X