• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD1701
    replied
    quattroboy

Long flight
    You may try swimming google or apply gel every hour.

Lasik
    It is NOT your fault. If I were you, I would go to that dr who did Lasik showing him glands images etc. as he said you did not have dry eye/MGD issue, if I remember correctly. Maybe the only mistake you made is you placed trust on WRONG doctors like me.
    Last edited by MGD1701; 18-Jul-2018, 14:49.

Leave a comment:

• quattroboy
    replied
    I've read your story and you've been on a hard journey.

I've got a family holiday in August in Turkey, at one point I was going to cancel it, scared of flying from the UK to Turkey with a long transfer time. Spending two weeks in a very warm climate.

Before LASIK and dry eye I would be looking forward to it. I used to love flying and being in the sun.

I didn't cancel the holiday and I'm determined to make it work for my family who has watched me come apart since April. I won't lie I'm still very nervous and little scared, but your example has made me even more determined!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
    So happy for you, and yes you are not perfect yet but surely this is a success story that can inspire.
    Im going to be honest, today was rough. The wind and the smoke was harsh on my eyes, but I pushed through. I think this reinforced the fact that I need sclerals to function in difficult environments. At home, or even in the hotel room, I'm pretty normal. But once I hit that nasty air, it starts going downhill.

Still happy I came, I'm visiting a good friend that moved here, so that's nice of course.

Leave a comment:

• farmgirl
    replied
    So happy for you, and yes you are not perfect yet but surely this is a success story that can inspire.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Small victory, feeling good...

Small victory, feeling good...

I am by no means a success story yet, but I am functioning much more normally. When the dry eyes took hold, further induced by a corneal abrasion, I couldn't walk without pain. Some of you know what I'm talking about, just the wind from walking burned and felt like needles. I was hopeless...I saw my world shrink before my eyes.

fast forward 7 months since the injury...I'm sitting on an airplane on my way to Las Vegas, serum tears in my bag, slightly dry eye and happy about it. Happy I have the ability to do this right now. I'm about to cry on this plane like an insane person lol. Matter fact, that well of tears just refreshed my tear film

My life has changed so much, but I'm finally adapting and feeling human again. Just being here makes me way less fearful for the future. And hey, I may be jumping he gun, once I land my eyes may feel like the sandpaper in that desert air. But I'll toss some drops in and keep going about my life.

One last thing...I was listening to Jordan Peterson talk and he said something that really hit me. He said, dont let your disability be an excuse not to do things. So I'm making a promise to myself never to do that. To embrace life regardless of the hand I'm dealt. I have a beautiful daughter that needs a HAPPY father. My wife has been so patient with me, with my mental breakdowns, my crying my anger, she's the best...she deserves a HAPPY husband. I have work to do...thank you all for listening. I hope you're all doing well today and if not, I hope my words help you stay positive.
Working...
X