This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helenaj View Post
    Ok so just a quick update, its been nearly two weeks since my first Ipl treatment ,ive gone from complete misery to almost normal.Cant believe it.I would say i am 75ish% improvement, and I still have 3 treatments to go so can only imagine.At this rate Ill be singing in the street I have been using honey drops morning afternoon and bed time.I have not used any other drops (I was putting drops in every half an hour) So like Gamechanger.....THIS IS
    A GAMECHANGER!! I can function again , phew I was so worried dry eyes would haunt me for the rest of my life .Oh I also take Thera nutritional capsules. ..
    Wow this is such great news! I'm so pleased for you. I'm
    I'm looking farward to my appointment which I've made for next month, even if I only have a 50% improvement from ipl I'll be happy! Can I ask who you saw when there?
    People have recovered, so can we.
    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

This is really awesome! So happy for you!

Comment

Hmm, so have a few new users in here all posting about their successful IPL at a specific clinic in the UK... these posts would be more credible and not sound like a clever marketing campaign if they didn't so obviously mention the name of the clinic.

(Edit: maybe I'm being too cynical from all the money and time I've spent trying various treatments, but the hyperboles "game changer" and "Amazing how it all works!" make me very sceptical. From the past experience of lots of people on these forums, IPL is only slightly more effective than Lipiflow (which didn't even help 5% for the majority of us). How come for the majority of people in the past IPL only marginally helped and now suddenly this clinic is able to produce game-changing results? It just doesn't make sense.)
        Last edited by sunflower7; 13-Aug-2015, 21:16. Reason: Clarify reasoning

Comment

Hi ,just want to clarify for the cynic Im in Australia, thats where I had my Ipl.I saw a story on Ipl for dry eyes on a Current Affairs show.I immediately got on line and searched for someone around here that did it . Apparently it doesn't work for everyone but it worked for me., Just had my second treatment today, so am hoping for even more improvement.I am so relieved .I was in such chronic pain that I would have done anything Its costing me $450 Aus dollars for 4 treatments and the goal is 1 treatment every 6 months as apparently dry eyes are not curable, just managed.

Comment

Dr Toyos's review of 91 patients. January 2015 Toyos R, McGill W, Briscoe D. Intense Pulsed Light Treatment for Dry Eye Disease Due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction; A 3-Year Retrospective Study. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery. 2015;33(1):41-46. doi:10.1089/pho.2014.3819. 'A multisite clinical trial with a larger sample, treatment comparison groups, and randomized controlled trials is currently underway.'

Does anyone know which blood vessels and tissues are sealed?
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower7 View Post
              Hmm, so have a few new users in here all posting about their successful IPL at a specific clinic in the UK... these posts would be more credible and not sound like a clever marketing campaign if they didn't so obviously mention the name of the clinic.

(Edit: maybe I'm being too cynical from all the money and time I've spent trying various treatments, but the hyperboles "game changer" and "Amazing how it all works!" make me very sceptical. From the past experience of lots of people on these forums, IPL is only slightly more effective than Lipiflow (which didn't even help 5% for the majority of us). How come for the majority of people in the past IPL only marginally helped and now suddenly this clinic is able to produce game-changing results? It just doesn't make sense.)
              I think it's the only clinic in the uk to actually do it, prob why the name is mentioned, I've not actually been yet so wouldn't say I'm recommending it, but it's so great to hear good news from others, and there are so few clinics in the uk that speclist in dry eye only. I think it's worth keeping an open mind about.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                Dr Toyos's review of 91 patients. January 2015 Toyos R, McGill W, Briscoe D. Intense Pulsed Light Treatment for Dry Eye Disease Due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction; A 3-Year Retrospective Study. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery. 2015;33(1):41-46. doi:10.1089/pho.2014.3819. 'A multisite clinical trial with a larger sample, treatment comparison groups, and randomized controlled trials is currently underway.'

Does anyone know which blood vessels and tissues are sealed?
                Hi Little Mermaid, from what I can gather I think its the blood vessels surrounding the meibomian glands. I know that when my lids thicken and are tender to touch on the temporal side I pull down my lids and all the tiny thin veins are bright red, I am hoping the IPL will cut off their supply because I really think they are sending out inflammation and causing my glands to dysfunction. Im really nervous about having IPL done at the dry eye centre because I dont want my lids to swell or anything as a bad side effect. I would be having the IPL done to cut off the blood vessels and not for it to thin the meibum, although I have one particular gland that always gets clogged up and I have to apply pressure to unclog it so maybe that could help.

Im still waiting for my appointment to come through from Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre as I want to ask my ophthalmologist what she thinks of IPL.

If anyone else has any experience of having IPL done please share your experience.

Cath x
                27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

I have to say that before sunflower posted, I suspected this game changer post to be a bit of a fake. Still I made an appointment at the dry eye centre. I've decided now to postpone this until I see a good doctor who can advise me further. As this is the only place in the UK to offer IPL, I do feel very anxious about the treatment and side effects. I had lipiflow done which didn't make any difference to me yet it had no side effects so it was an easier decision to make.

Comment

I've also cancelled (for now) as my ophthalmologist advised to hold fire for a bit until they had some more safety information on ipl ( they had requested on my behalf and still haven't heard from them two weeks later ) also, I wonder if this helps with bleph as this now seems to be my biggest issue? Anyone know?

Comment

IPL did nothing for me. Just like everything, some things work for some people, some don't.

Comment

Has anyone heard anymore about IPL at the dry eye centre in London? I cancelled my appointment until I had been to see a good doctor. Then I found a great one but I'm now struggling to get access to cyclosporine that he prescribed. I have no idea how long that will take. I hate living in the UK with this stupid condition, there is zero in place here for it. I feel so unbelievably desperate!! I am using antibacterial ointment for 2 more weeks then I think I will make an appointment to see about IPL straight afterwards. I have concerns about safety still but honestly the desperation and the pain I'm in just now have totally taken over. If anyone has heard anything more about IPL in London please can you let me know! Xx
                        Last edited by SharonS; 29-Aug-2015, 06:49.

Comment

I have ocular Rosacea and IPL has changed my life. I went for almost two years completely miserable and diagnosed incorrectly. After I found a doctor who diagnosed me correctly, I had lipid low done which ended up being a waste of time and money. After being treated with IPL, it seriously changed my life.

Comment

This thread should be closed as it's pretty clear that the original poster, Gaz86 is a fake account to promote a treatment at a clinic. Then there's the random users who pop in to say they've been cured and contribute nothing else at all to the forums (again, more fake marketing accounts).

At the very least Rebecca and whoever else moderates these forums should remove marketing links.

Comment

I still don't really understand why lipoflow fails for some but ipl works for others, since they are both just heating the glands up in order to clear the blockage deep down. I suppose it must be more complex then that and the ipl is actually shrinking blood vessels some how. I find this thread quite interesting.

Comment

I hate to say it but when people with just a few posts on here post about how something was a miracle, it just doesn't sound real. Especially since after they do, they don't post ever again. Kinda sketchy, no? There is no history, there is no future with them, just a few days in the present. People who have been here a while and had many posts are more credible, people who tried various things and then something worked. Someone comes on here, immediately says this worked without much background info, and coming out of nowhere, I just don;t know....not saying that all are 100% fake for sure fake, but saying that it sounds a bit shady.

Comment

Working...
                                X