This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fellow dry eye sufferers-it has been a long time

To all my fellow dry eye sufferers. I wish you good eye health. I am back after maybe three or four years since my last post. A lot of things have happened in my life during this time. Some of them actually very difficult. Fortunately, I have been able to overcome once more and again I would like to share the wisdom that I found in this experience.

For those friends that do not know my story, I had LASIK surgery back in 1997. I did not develop dry eye syndrome until 2004. Then for about 9 years this went into remission because I went on a quest to control a terrible yeast infection that was contributing to chronic inflammation and therefore, dry eyes.

Well a lot of things I came to understand these last two years. By December 2013, again I developed the WORST episode of dry eye in my life!! Coupled with that, I started developing dry mouth too. I figured that I had Sjogrens. But after test, after test, and more test, everything was inconclusive! The only symptom: CHRONIC INFLAMMATION!! The interesting thing was I started noticing that the inflammation would get worse after eating certain foods.

Everyday the food intolerances got worse, no allergy markers, no definite inflammation markers other than an inverted relationship of the white blood cell count, biopsies indicating chronic inflammation and just a sense of tiredness, discomfort, and general pain. I couldn´t explain what was going on, in fact some doctors started saying that it was all in my head. Nevertheless my dry eyes got worse and worse and my digestive issues and food intolerances got to the point that I couldn't eat ANYTHING!!! as I also developed histamine intolerance. I got to the point that I could only drink essential shakes.

At my wits end and thinking I was going to loose my mind and/or die, I found a doctor that did a test on me and explained how autoimmune diseases function. They begin in your gut, with high porosity of the small intestine (leaky gut) as molecules of partially digested food make it to your blood stream, your immune system believes it is a pathogen and attacks it with INFLAMMATION!! This is the first step into a fully declared autoimmune disease. So even though I did not have a diagnose for Sjogrens I had all of the symptoms.

First step into my recovery: Fecal microbiota transplants. I sounds grouse but it was necessary since I had a profound gut dysbiosis contributing to my inflammation. I was fortunate to be able to get a donor here in Panama, Central America. I got twelve transplants.

Second: once my gut flora was better; low dose naltrexone to be able to cope with the inflammation.

Third: once I overcame histamine intolerance; massive loads of fermented foods and probiotics!

Fourth: helminthic therapy (this is experimental--you have to judge for yourself).

I share this experience now after proving that it really worked for me and after recovering enough health to be able to regain my normal activities. I hope this helps anyone that is reading this and is desperate to regain their live back.

Big hugs and kisses

Jessica

Wow that sounds you've had a tough time! I'm glad you are better now. How exactly do you feel about your eyes now? Are they 50 - 75 - 100% cured? Thanks for your story and good luck!

Comment

Awesome story. My wife works in a hospital and her dad is a pharmacist. One day I overheard them talking about frozen poop in the pharmacy. I thought they were just making it up to appeal to my juvenile sense of humor. Then they told me how these transplants work wonders on some patients. Who would have thought a poo transplant could fix your eyes! Amazing!

Comment

So happy to hear you are better Jessica. I read your story with interest, since I seem to have similar problems. There is not much that I am able to eat, and I have had to eliminate all foods on the rosacea list as well as foods high in histamine and histamine liberators. I do take a good probiotic, and have tried DAOsin, but nothing short of avoiding the foods I mentioned helps. About seven years ago I had two bad cases of food poisoning and wonder if that didn't play a part in my current situation. I've also considered food additives, and wondered about that as well. When I eat ANY dairy products or sugar, the inflammation is huge and the oil glands in my eyes become unbearable. I'd give anything to be able to eat again and am truly tired of broccoli and chicken. I've been tested for allergies, RA, Sjorgen's and a number of other diseases, and all came up negative. Really glad to hear that you have found a solution. Sending good wishes for continued health.

Comment

Working...
        X