Lasik Dry Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasik Dry Recovery

I thought I would post on here because I found this site helpful in my time of need. One month post lasik surgery I developed severe dry eye, more in my right eye. I discovered what dry eye really can be (to the point that I had said I would surgically take my one eye if things did not improve). I was on drops, steriods, had my eye plugged, and so on. It was awful.

Around five months post lasik, I really began to turn the corner and now at eight months post lasik I have very mild dy eye, only to the point where I put drops in the morning and at night.

All is not perfect, as I developed bad floaters in both eyes which really bother me, but it is nothing compared to the severe dry eye.

If someone is out there post lasik and experiencing terrible dry eye, I say hang in there, pray, and most likely you will make it through. I really doubted if I ever would, but I thank God every day that I did.

Thanks, Billk-
    I'm long-time post lasik dry eye (now Sjogrens too) and I think you give wise advice. I notice you live in Florida, which can probably help a bit with your dry eye.

Living in Michigan, we're surrounded by heat blowing all winter long. Even with humidifiers, it's hot and dry. I'm going to spend a few weeks in Fla though this winter and am looking forward to your moist air!
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post. It often hard to imagine that the pain brought on by Lasik will ever go away, and it means a lot to see posts from people just like you.

Bernadette

Comment

Thanks Bernmee,

That was my point. When you are suffering you take the time to come on to these posts and you talk about it. If you get better, sometimes you move on or forget. Thus, the good stories are under reported. So, I think it is important for those of us who were lucky enough to come through the problems, that we report it. I know when I was hurting I needed to see some of those positive reports.

Comment

Help my brother?

Dear BKill,

I was speaking with Rebecca Petris. My brother has dry eye for the last 5 months post LASIK surgery and is unable to function - he has dropped out of college and is in bed a lot in the day. Rebecca recommended he try and find a dry eye buddy. I am wondering would you be interested in doing this by email. He needs all the support he can get right now. It has been devastating.

Thanks, Brenda

Comment

Working...
          X