Nassau County Dry Eye Support Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nassau County Dry Eye Support Group

Ongoing weekly support group now forming for individuals suffering from chronic dry eyes. Living with dry eyes is frustrating and can be eased through group counseling and having contact with others who are dealing with the same problems. Share your experiences with others who are living with dry eyes and dealing with the same problems as you in a safe, supportive, encouraging environment .
    • Share and learn new ideas and resources.
    • Learn practical advice from others living with dry eyes.
    • Learn how to deal with others who dismiss your concerns as trivial.
    • Find how others get throught the day with dry eyes ranging from annnoying irritation to excruciating pain.
    • Find ways to cope with resulting anxiety and depression.

I am a NYS licensed social worker. After working with a patient suffering with dry eyes and seeing how DES affects all areas of life, I think a support group can help many through this difficult time.

For more information, please contact me at:
    516-628-8019 or
    mjjmbay@yahoo.com
    Jean Marie Furino-Mimmo, MPS, LMSW

Thanks for posting. So glad to hear you've organized this. I hope you get plenty of response.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Marie View Post
      Ongoing weekly support group now forming for individuals suffering from chronic dry eyes. Living with dry eyes is frustrating and can be eased through group counseling and having contact with others who are dealing with the same problems. Share your experiences with others who are living with dry eyes and dealing with the same problems as you in a safe, supportive, encouraging environment .
      • Share and learn new ideas and resources.
      • Learn practical advice from others living with dry eyes.
      • Learn how to deal with others who dismiss your concerns as trivial.
      • Find how others get throught the day with dry eyes ranging from annnoying irritation to excruciating pain.
      • Find ways to cope with resulting anxiety and depression.

I am a NYS licensed social worker. After working with a patient suffering with dry eyes and seeing how DES affects all areas of life, I think a support group can help many through this difficult time.

For more information, please contact me at:
      516-628-8019 or
      mjjmbay@yahoo.com
      Jean Marie Furino-Mimmo, MPS, LMSW
      Hi All,

I wanted to respond to this post Jean Marie made 2 years ago. I have an interest so I contacted her recently and we spoke in regards to this support group. The group never actually met as there wasn't any response. She says she would like at least 4 people and we have 2 so far. I'm thinking there must be a lot people in the Long Island area with an interest. If so, send me a private message.

Thank you.

Comment

I am going to (finally, hopefully) start my bulletins up again this week... that's the goal anyway... if you like I can post it in there and maybe draw some more people out of the woodwork.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X