Dry eyes or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supreme

I am happy to hear that your taking some advice and the warm compresses are working and your Suana pass is a good thing In the mean time you might consider to find another eye doctor, I had to go through like 3 eye doctors to finally find one that knew what was going on. Dr. G is a really good eye doctor that will answer questions and may help you more, he often answers and posts on here, here is his website http://www.leukoma.com/ He is a wonderful doctor that actually cares about people, many eye doctors I've been too don't give a %$#@ about their patients and it's all about the money.
    It's sad but it's true, in the mean time just try your best to be in good spirits, I know it's hard but try to think positive. Since you've mentioned your kidney's hurting you might want to get a full physical and blood tests to make sure that your whole body is in order, there might be more to your problems? Hope the dentist helps you as well, keep up with the warm compresses and try to get a hold of Dr.G, he can really answer your questions and probably look into a good eye doctor where you live? Have a good weekend. Ciao D

Comment

Supreme-

You're right about Eastern medicine's view that the liver rules the eyes. I'm a big fan of what's called a "liver flush drink" (just had one for breakfast). In the blender, liquify:
      - 2 grapefruit
      - 2-3 oranges
      - 2 lemons
      - 3-4 cloves of garlic
      - 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil

Peel the fruit, obviously, but throw in the whole fruit, once peeled. The seeds will get chopped up. However it sounds it's really quite yummy.

Herbal teas alleged to detoxify the liver and the bloodstream include dandelion and chamomile. Fresh water (distilled or bottled) is good.

Also, it varies by person, but you may want to search the DEZ board for "sauna." For some of us, saunas make the eyes worse. For some, better. Just tread lightly and tune in to what's going on with your eyes. Intuitively, a hot, hot, dry box may not be the best thing for a dry eye patient.

All the best,

Neil

Comment

Hey...thanks for the liver flush drink 'recipe'.
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X