Dry Eye Promising Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Promising Treatment

I live in Houston and have suffered from severe dry eyes for over 20 years. I've tried every otc drop known to man.
    I've been to several well known eye drs. I've spent thousands of dollars on treatment. To name a few, plugs, laser on my tear ducts, restasis, plasma drops (from my blood plasma) albumin, hot compresses, cold compresses, preservative free drops, and every otc that you could name.
    I did some research, on my own and came up with a lot of positive reviews on Dr. Panzer. He is the only eye dr. that I have gone to that really seems to be concerned with my condition. We tried a few things that he suggested. Last week he gave me a compounded drop with testosterone. This is the only thing I have ever tried that shows promise. I have been using it 4 times a day for 5 days. My eyes are more comfortable now than they have been in years. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Linda, please keep us updated as to how well the testosterone drops work out for you. I am very interested. Best of luck to you. Really hope this works!

Comment

I strongly believe that this one treatment will work for a lot of people.

Comment

tell us more abou this! thks Linda!!

Comment

Oh, Dr. Panzer again. Really?

Comment

The drops are called pantest. I don't know if any other doctors have access to prescribing the drops. I think they are 5% testosterone. Dr Panzer is very dedicated to helping people with dry eyes.

Comment

Yes dr. Panzer.

Comment

Oh is that's his name. I spoke to him on chat and he answered my questions rather well, although his manner was a bit full on. But beyond all of this, he actually does carry an important message. Evidence does show that Testosterone stimulates both Lacrimal and Meibomian glands and they both contain receptors for Testosterone.
                I've been on T cream for a short time, applying it around the eyelids. However, I find if I need to apply artificial tears during the day for relief, it seems to wash the T cream away or some of it is wiped off. So I'd prefer Testosterone in drop form, and currently we are looking for an ECP on our site http://australiandryeye.webs.com/ whom will organize to have it compounded in Australia.

Comment

Dr Panzer and Dry Eye Treatment

Originally posted by bunnyrabbit123 View Post
                  Oh, Dr. Panzer again. Really?
                  I don't know why anyone would have a problem with Dr Panzer. At least he is trying. And no, he is not selling me on anything. I'm desperate. I have severe dry eyes and nothing has helped over the years.
                  Plugs, plasma tears, every, Yes every otc drop, gel ,cream etc, hot packs, cold packs, I've tried it all. Yes, I asked for the testosterone drops. I will try anything. They have helped more than anything I've tried.

No, Dr Panzer will not give out references ..... Anyone knows that is confidential information.

I've been to Baylor optomology, Dr Mann, as well as other well know eye doctors in Houston. No one even takes this dry eye problem serious. It is very debilitating, especially when you are on a computer 8 hours a day.

Comment

I'm so glad you feel better.
                    Where is Dr. Panzer located?

I believe I have also heard people feel better with just taking Testosterone ... in any form.
                    Has anyone else heard this? Can anyone else comment on this?

Many thanks.

Comment

Yes, testosterone is part of the blink feedback loop.

I was on a low dose of testosterone, prescribed by an MD/naturopath, for about 6 months, with no change or improvement. When the dose was increased my skin broke out terribly and my meibum and meibomian glands took a big hit. It was not a good experience. Some people, however, can tolerate topical testosterone well. Same for pregnenolone, which converts to testosterone.

If there was something proven, but more targeted to the eyes, I might reconsider, though would worry about the impact on the mg's.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                        I live in Houston and have suffered from severe dry eyes for over 20 years. I've tried every otc drop known to man.
                        I've been to several well known eye drs. I've spent thousands of dollars on treatment. To name a few, plugs, laser on my tear ducts, restasis, plasma drops (from my blood plasma) albumin, hot compresses, cold compresses, preservative free drops, and every otc that you could name.
                        I did some research, on my own and came up with a lot of positive reviews on Dr. Panzer. He is the only eye dr. that I have gone to that really seems to be concerned with my condition. We tried a few things that he suggested. Last week he gave me a compounded drop with testosterone. This is the only thing I have ever tried that shows promise. I have been using it 4 times a day for 5 days. My eyes are more comfortable now than they have been in years. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
                        Well, I spoke too soon. The testosterone drops are not giving me much relief now. I'm still using them but not much help.

Comment

I have left msg in your private msg box. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X