New guy on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy on the block

Good Morning everyone. I was diagnosed with Dry Eye Syndrome last year, and have been on Restasis since then. The Restasis works well, and I have good days as well as bad. To suppliment the Restatis I recently found Bion Tears on Amazon (after trying every other OTC eye drop under the sun), and they work relatively well. I'm also using a sleep mask at night since we use the ceiling fan at night, and the AC is set to sub-artic temperatures on the ship (US Coast Guard). I was also diagnosed with pellucid marginal degeration in my left eye about 2 weeks ago, so I will be getting some hard contacts that should also help. Its amazing that right after I turned 30 (now I'm 31) all this crap falls on my lap. Cholesterol, vision, GURD...etc. I could see if I was in bad shape....guess its just bad genetics.

I look forward to hearing other ideas on how to deal with my dryness.

Thanks in advance.

WELCOME Cuban. Sounds like you work full-time? I understand and sympathize you have at age 31, I got it at 37. Keep up with the Restasis and eye mask at night. Perhaps try an oil based drop like Freshkote and if a flair up occurs, get hold of a steroid drop.
    We are working hard to push through more advanced treatments, you may wish to read our webpage about our activities at www.australiandryeye.webs.com

Comment

Working...
    X