This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still suffering with mgd and posterior blepheritis after 5 months

I am still suffering enormous discomfort with my posterior blepheritis, mgd and acne Rosacea after 5 months. Back on doxycycline 100mg again after 1 month break following a 4 month course. Feel the oils are finally moving but are making my eyes feel very sticky. Suffering from real eye fatigue. Think I may have to medically retire from my job as a nurse. Feels none if the health professional really know what to do with a very severe case like mine! Anyone got any ideas. Already gone private in Harley Street. Had two consultations which I feel were a waste of money and time. Where to go now? Has anyone tried The dry eye centre in London? Just starting to have 1 X raw garlic a day. Supposed to be good with inflammation.

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
    I am still suffering enormous discomfort with my posterior blepheritis, mgd and acne Rosacea after 5 months. Back on doxycycline 100mg again after 1 month break following a 4 month course. Feel the oils are finally moving but are making my eyes feel very sticky. Suffering from real eye fatigue. Think I may have to medically retire from my job as a nurse. Feels none if the health professional really know what to do with a very severe case like mine! Anyone got any ideas. Already gone private in Harley Street. Had two consultations which I feel were a waste of money and time. Where to go now? Has anyone tried The dry eye centre in London? Just starting to have 1 X raw garlic a day. Supposed to be good with inflammation.

Linda who did you see at Harley St? I'm going on Monday.
    What caused your bleph and mgd? Did you get injured or have surgery or one of those out of the blue things?

Comment

Hi. So sorry I did not reply but didn't know how to. I saw a Miss Melanie Corbett at Harley Street. She also works for NHS Western Eye Hos
      ital. I am afraid I was very disappointed with my 2 consultations with her. She told me to stop everything except 1 eyedrop. I have since gone back to NHS. STILL REALLY SUFFERING. AM NOW ONLY WORKING PAART TIME and not sure what to do next. My eye hospital are thinking of starting me on UK equivalent of restatsis. My next appt is end of March 2017.

Comment

Hi Linda
        Lack of Vit. D could also lead to inflammation.

Comment

Thank you for your post. I will try to up my vitamin D. In the house
          it's at the moment so that isn't he
          ping my vitamin D levels.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
            Thank you for your post. I will try to up my vitamin D. In the house it's at the moment so that isn't helping my vitamin D levels.
            Hi, If your GP isn't able to do a Vitamin D test for you (years ago I found it wasn't available but that may have changed), then you can order a Vitamin D test pack for £28 from this NHS service: http://www.vitamindtest.org.uk/

They provide a little pin prick finger device and then you press your finger onto a sample sheet, post it back and get results via email. I did it years ago and found it very informative. They also offer the service to overseas if anyone outside the UK is interested.

Remember if you take a Vitamin D supplement don't take a Calcium supplement as well unless instructed by a doctor, Vitamin D increases calcium absorption and too much calcium, like too much of everything, has negative impacts.

Best wishes.
            Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Thank you so much for the link. I need to do this. A bit overwhelmed at the moment with this condition. It's so debilitating but I will not let it ruin my life. Got a doctors appt today as I had blood tests done, may be able to get this one done too.

Comment

Hi Linda
                Blephartis - if you have Demodex, only 4% 'tea tree oil' can kill them. There is commercial available wipers which others find them effective. Sometimes I use tea tree oil shampoo/shower Gel (soap free) to clean my lashes in the morning although Dr did not find Demodexs. Seems these wipers and shampoo may not kill Demodex (due to low %) but can 'scare' them away.

Comment

I don't have mites. My Meibomian grands are not producing the oils. All the doctors I have seen said my eyes lid hygiene is excellent.

Comment

Hi Linda
                    Do you know why not producing the oil, glands are clogged or not enough oil? if later one, you need Omeg 3, I guess.
                    If glands are not producing the oils, would warm compress help?
                    If glands are too clogged, maybe probing is more effective??
                    Last edited by MGD1701; 10-Mar-2017, 11:57.

Comment

Hi Linda. I was diagnosed with MGD (likely due to autoimmune disease), and also been diagnosed with blepharitis. I had to quit my job because it became so debilitating and painful. I am so much better now. Looks like you are fairly early in the process of getting treatment, so there's still a lot you can try. I responded to a post earlier today where several items I listed might help you too:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...ut-to-no-avail

Comment

Thank u for your posts. I am 15 months into this awful condition and do not seem to be improving!,

Comment

Hi Linda
                          Dry eye is very complicated and progrssive.

Must find root causes first so you can deal with them effectively. Why not improving?
                          It took me several months to realize the warm compress heat issues. If you do correctly, normally 2-4 months you can see results from warm compress, but incorrectly, go nowhere - I wasted nearly 6 months for NOTHING! Very annoying!!

if your glands do NOT produce enough oil, Systance Balance might not be sufficient.
                          But they only give you temp. relief but can NOT solve your problems. Take food with rich Omeg 3 should help.
                          Last edited by MGD1701; 06-Jun-2018, 01:52.

Comment

Hi Linda,
                            I was diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea 14 months ago. At first it was a minor annoyance but quickly became severe despite 3 months of doxycycline, warm compresses etc. Summer of last year, I had lipiflow which did help take the edge off but did not give me the relief I was searching for. The doctor said Restasis wouldn't work for me and pretty much said he had nothing other than lipiflow to help me. The cost is too high to be able to get it done regularly. At my last visit, he said my appointment wouldn't be for another 4-6 months. I couldn't accept that I was expected to just live with the pain. So, I searched and found out about Functional Medicine and listened to a TED talk by Doctor Mark Hyman and found out a person on this forum had success going this route. I found a Functional Medicine Doctor who I started working with beginning of November. The Doctor put me on a personal plan after taking tons of blood work which helped find the areas needing to be balanced. He also has me on a restricted diet that was made from the food sensitivity tests I had done. In the beginning, I thought I had some relief after a few weeks but dismissed it as being more placebo effect. As time went by, I couldn't deny my eyes were feeling better and better. (My main problem was burning pain.) It's been just over 4 months and I can honestly say going the Functional Medicine route was the only thing that has truly helped me heal. I'm not 100% but so much better. In fact, I don't even use eye drops anymore.
                            In summary: 1) Find a functional medicine doctor in your area. 2) Don't give up. 3) There doesn't seem to be a specific diet or supplement with a one size fits all approach. You have to find out what is causing your body to be inflamed. For example, I was eating coconut oil by the spoonfuls because I read it would be good for overall health. After having food testing done, I found out I had a high reaction to it which was causing me inflammation. (This was not the only thing causing me inflammation) 3) Find podcasts or youtube videos that are encouraging. There is a really good youtube channel called Montreal Healthy Girl. She is a ND and talks about healing and has helped me to not give up. She is quite encouraging and has experience with helping people heal from "incurable" illnesses.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for your post. My eyes are very sore and tired today so I will have to read it later.

Comment

Working...
                              X