Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurrent Corneal Erosion Syndrome

Hi All,

I received a trauma to my left eye a month and a half ago. A cut to the cornea which would have been pretty straight.

I have been suffering since with recurrent corneal erosion syndrome. Some have been rather nasty and taken a number of days to go.

For instance last night I woke at 1am with an erosion. I felt my lid sticking which is the first time I consciously noticed that. I normally just wake in pain. Luckily it was not as severe as some of the others. I put Refresh in, and went back to sleep. It felt OK by the morning, but I had to put drops on the outside of my eyes when I woke to prevent another erosion as it felt sticky again. It is OK today, but not great.

I have been using an eye mask, Refresh Ointment at night (Liquid paraffin 42.5% w/w, soft white paraffin 57.3% w/w), as suggested by my ophthalmologist. And drops (Optrex Sore Eyes, and refresh plus) and gel (Viscotears) during the day.

I have seen some other products, Blink Intensive Tears Lubricating Eye Drops 15ml, Freshkote, and Munro 128,

http://www.pharmacydirect.co.nz/Blin...tner=sli&bid=3

Freshkote and Munro 128 have been mentioned on this forum. Are these products really better than what I have been using? I live in NZ and would have to buy these in from America and am not sure it would be worth it.

Also somebody mentioned coconut oil, is that really safe? And is that effective?

As with many people here I seem to be a bit stuck and worried what will happen next. My work involves a lot of computer usage, so I really need to do whatever I can to improve this.
Working...
X