HI everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI everybody!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 22 years old, and I got lasik done 13 months ago in the midst of a bipolar manic episode. I have been dealing with dry eyes and halos, ghosting, and starbursts at night ever since. It's hard to imagine the rest of my life like this, and while alphagan p helps reduce glare, it makes my eyes dry. I feel very alone and isolated due to having this bizarre and rare condition. This forum, however, gives me hope. I have heard things about Dr. G and Dr. B in Miami that give me reason to believe they can help both dry eye and glare. I would love to hear of any success stories anyone may have, it's tough to be this young and look at the rest of my life as a big suffering mess... I just try to do the things I used to do. I ski alot and see live music all the time, go out with friends, stay up to date on my school work, get good grades, etc, but my eyes are constantly on my mind. I live in Colorado, one of my favorite places in the world, but also one of the driest. I'm praying for the day I can get some well fitted sclerals and get relief!

edit: I am on .5% Restasis, and 4 grams of fish oil per day. I have heard there is a 1% restasis, is this true? Also, the doc gave me a script for lotemax but I am wary of it. anyone have any success with it?

Hi there!

I am 24 and know how you feel. I have been suffering with dry eye for two years now due to overuse of visine, and suspected allergies. I have used Restasis many times, the last being for six months and it never really worked. My eyes were maybe a LITTLE less dry but it increased sensitivity, burning, and redness for me and finally decided it wasn't worth it. I am currently using Lotemax and do like it. Why are u wary of it? Just because its a steroid? It's generally a safer one if used for a few weeks at a time, and your being monitored.

Comment

Working...
    X