Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also,you have 2 eyes with a seperate set of glands in each eye,so why in the world would it be odd that the glands could be working differently at different times..to me that makes no sense that that would seem odd.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianH1982 View Post

You would think... except not one has. The best they've done is said allergies could be a factor but aren't the entire cause... and that's it. I'm not kidding when I say the last doctor I saw - who was excellent despite this - told me I was just going to have to learn to deal with this and stop spending time and money looking for answers.

With all of the tests he did I assume he ruled out everything you guys have mentioned. He, like everyone else, had no answers. I don't particularly want to go to a sixth eye doctor just to do the same tests and hear the same thing... but I'm wary of Mayo because of cost. What if I go there and they say the same thing?! Or say that it's just allergies, which I frankly don't believe.

All the doctors I saw mentioned autoimmune diseases, but nobody went further than saying "this would make more sense if you had X or Y."

Mom had Lupus. Sis has fibromyalgia. I have a lot of symptoms of Sjogrens, but as mentioned in my first post, I've tested negative in all normal blood work previously for autoimmune stuff.

Argggh. It's maddening.
      Dont ever assume with a doctor,make a list of specific questions and get answers to each one in terms a person whos not a doctor can understand.

Comment

Brian, yours is the first post I've read where dry eye affects one eye then another but never at the same time. This is a pattern I've seen with my dry eye (MGD)...the symptoms (blurred vision, eye pain, excess tearing, etc.) will literally swap eyes throughout the day from one day to the next, never both eyes. I've tried most of the drops with no success...currently on oral doxycycline and PRN Omega3 for DE, both of which I believe which have helped to some degree. I stopped Restasis a few months back and Xiidra was also a complete failure. I rely on warm compresses, eyelid scrubs (Systane brand) and, if inflammation gets too bad, Durezol steroid drops. Hang in there, we'll get thru this!

Comment

Working...
        X