This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Myself

Hi everyone! I've been reading posts for a few months, but never formally introduced myself. I've lived in the desert for 25 years and have had eye issues since college. They didn't get badly symptomatic until I moved to high elevation 10 years ago. I lived in the mountains for 5 years and now am back in the desert. If only the opthalmogist had said that elevations can make it worse and that I should use drops and protect my eyes 5 years ago perhaps my eyes wouldn't be so troublesome now. I have DES and MGD with gland loss, and periodic corneal erosions. I kept asking why this was happening but the doctor never had an answer. Now I see OD's here that put me on the drops, compress routine with moisture chamber glasses, blinking exercises and goggles at night. I am currently waiting for sjogrens test results. Would like to move to humidity when that's possible. My children and grandchildren are here with one daughter living in the mountains of Colorado where I cannot go.

Hello ... I never knew that high elevations can make dryness issues worse. My diagnosis is not the same as years, but it sounds like you're doing what treatments you can until you learn about your test results. In my experience, it seems to take lots of time, note-taking, trial and error on different simple treatments/products, etc. and results can take time. Of course more serious treatments need a lot of research and consideration. Perhaps after you get your test results you can look into supplements and possible food sensitivities? When I did a major elimination diet (Whole30) a few months back, I found I had no abrasions during that time, but again, my situation is not exactly the same as yours. Are you happy with your eye doctor? That can be a huge factor. Wherever you end up moving, perhaps you can find a sympathetic eye doctor who is interested in treating dry eye issues.

Comment

Working...
    X