Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Mgd, hello

Hi,
    I have been fighting meibomian gland dysfunction and possibly ocular rosacea. I don't completely buy the ocular rosacea. I have had treatment of: tobradex, lotamax, pred forte, restasis, heating, massage meibomian
    Gland probing, diet changes, erythromycin, fish oil, flax seed, cipro, NSAIDs, and other medications. the air at my work is very dry with high air flow. out side of work I do well normally. I have found that my diet and environment make the biggest changes. Currently using ocusoft wipes and claridex wipes. Only when on a low carb and sugar diet have I seen improvements. This his been a very annoying problem, winters in the hospital have been dry and often painful. Currently keeping a log of all treatments on daily basis to see what works. Just ordered retaine Mgd drops to help get through work, haven't got them yet but hoping to get good relief. May need to get see fit glasses to get through the winter again this year. Has anyone used the seefit glasses with good results? would like to get feedback before spending 200 dollars, considering the seefit one's due to working in a professional role and don't want to look like a biker. This is the 3 rd year with very dry eyes and often having fluctuating levels of dryness. Have in the past used castor oil to relieve the irritation from the eye lids rubbing against the eye. It helped for a while but had hexane so my eyes didn't hurt but were still red. Stopped using the castor oil and had some redness relief for a couple months before getting bad again. Looking forward to sharing information with others and helping newbies to the problem.

Hi,

Did any of those treatments, not including diet, help a bit?
    I'm just curious because I'm currently on long term Restasis and doxy and I've had gland probing done.
    For the first time in two years I'm seeing some (minor) improvement.

Comment

Hosnetly I feel diet causes the biggest improvements. I started a diet about 5 weeks ago cutting out sugar and carbohydrates as well as using ocusoft wipes. about 2 weeks after the start fo the diet I had no dry eye for 7 days and was very happy. A couple birthday parties happened were I had some sugar and then it seemed my improvements had gone away. My eyes started getting red with in seconds of entering work. I have focused on staying away from sugar. Convinced that I have some system inflammation, I went to the Dr.'s office and requested a full panel to be done. The one finding that really got me was a gromerulus filtration rate of 56 L. That means that either I have chronic kidney disease or may have been dehydrated which could cause a poor rate. To find out if I have CKD they would need to do more testing in the future. I haven't seen the doctor since having the testing done, but have talked with a couple friends, one of which is a gastrointestinal doctor. He states I may be living in a state of dehydration which could be contributing to my problems. Even when I have drank more water in the past it wasn't in the recommended range, plus I was often exercising intensely which would dehydrated me. I'm not stating any of this is a cure but could help lessen my symptoms. I just got retaine mgd drops which helped me this Saturday get through a day of work with minimal discomfort. They helped better than the extensive lists of drops used in the past. I feel the restasis helps slightly but not enough most of the time to be satisfied. (I've restasis for about 3 years now). The claridex does stop my eyes from feeling sticky but is much more expensive then the ocusoft wipes which I feel work just as well.

Comment

Working...
      X