Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to DEZ

Good Morning!
    I am new to the DEZ. I am hoping to find help for my eyes. Yes, I have dry eyes. I also have conjunctival concretions. I believe I also have memobian gland dysfunction. My ophthalmologist is not willing to express the glands. I don't have a lot of money but would like to find a tool to do this myself that isn't too expensive and works well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you everyone.
    Twink

Hi twinkle, sorry you're suffering from dry eye. It's so difficult when ophthalmologists won't help. Is there any possibility you could see a different ophthalmologist, I have seen three this year and only the last diagnosed me with mgd. The ophthalmologist I saw last said gland expression is probably one of last things she will do with me and so I'm on doxycycline to help clear my glands and I'm doing warm compression up to 5 times a day.

I was just wondering what treatment you have been given so far? I was just prescribed drops by first two, completely unsuitable drops too, which don't really deal with chase just symptoms.

I would not like to try expressing my own glands, I think it could be quite risky and may lead to further complications.

Best wishes

Cath
    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkle221 View Post
      Good Morning!
      I am new to the DEZ. I am hoping to find help for my eyes. Yes, I have dry eyes. I also have conjunctival concretions. I believe I also have memobian gland dysfunction. My ophthalmologist is not willing to express the glands. I don't have a lot of money but would like to find a tool to do this myself that isn't too expensive and works well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you everyone.
      Twink
      Hi Twinkle221, really sorry you are suffering but PLEASE do not buy a tool to do the manual expression yourself, they are only meant to be sold to licensed practitioners and for good reason. Another person on this forum used a device that shouldn't have been sold to her and ended up a lot worse off because of it. The tools are quite expensive anyway so it is worth finding an ophthalmologist who will do it for you to see if it helps. My ophthalmologist prescribes an antibac drop and a short course of steroid drops after I have it done. It can be quite painful and there is absolutely no way I would attempt it myself.

Comment

Hi Cath,
        Thanks for the reply.
        I have had several eyedrops. They didn't do anything really. I do eyelid scrubs. Has the doxy and compresses been helping? I have a script for doxy now.
        I will probably see another opthalmologist. Not many around though, most are in the same group. Maybe an optometrist would do it?
        Have a good day,
        Twink

Comment

Thanks lizlou,
          I have antibiotic drops here. Used them for 10 days didn't help. Because of the dry eye and the conjunctival concretions my eyes feel horrible. I would attempt it myself. I have medical experience and wouldn't be scared to do it. I am going to try to find another doc, tough where I live. Thanks for letting me know.
          Twink

Comment

Working...
          X