Introduction - My Dry Eye Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction - My Dry Eye Saga

Hello, I am a fellow dry-eye unfortunate. My dry eye started suddenly and aggressively almost three years ago. I am in my late twenties and trying to hold on to my legal career. I had Lipiflow, which did nothing, and started artificial tears. I then had LASIK to get out of contacts, but my LASIK was botched, resulting in an irregular astigmatism and severe and debilitating dry eye. Long story short, I finally found a surgeon in LA who did an enhancement to fix my vision, but I have had no success alleviating the dry eye. I have had punctual plugs in and out, which caused scar tissue to build up in my ducts, and ended up with my lower ducts cauterized and my upper ducts open. I use 75% autologous serum, Omega 3 supplements, Thereatears, lid scrubs and nighttime gel. None of it makes much difference. I cannot take any of the prescription drops or steroids. I think the only way I could have sufficient tears without severe excess tearing is if there were a way to have my upper ducts partially closed, other than with partial plugs, but there is not. My ducts will no longer hold any plugs. I am hoping to find some helpful advice on this forum!

You might want to think about scleral lenses.

Comment

Working...
    X