Tinted glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinted glasses

I'm seriously considering JCorbett's suggestion of getting some lightly tinted glasses to disguise any redness and reduce my sensitivity to light.

My question now is: do others (apart from JCorbett!) have tinted glasses and if so, what percentage of tint and what colour of tint do others find best? I am a bit nervous about getting it right, since I have not had Lasik and my new glasses will have prescription lenses. Don't know what it's like elsewhere, but here in the UK prescription glasses are expensive!

I want something mainly for day (brightly lit office, computer use etc) but not so dark that I couldn't wear them out in the evening if I felt I needed to. I reckon about 15-20% tint

Any ideas??

If others cannot help you with that question, I would go into a sunglass department (non-prescription) and try on different pairs until you find one with tinting that is to your liking. Then take those glasses to wherever you are ordering your glasses from and show them what you would like and see if they can match them up.
    Where ever you are ordering your prescription lenses may have better choices than places I have gone. Seems they only had very small samples of the tinting, and those samples were were hard to determine how well I liked the tinting.
    You can also get some progressively tinted lenses. They are darker on the top half, which disguise your eyes when you are talking to someone, and then lighter on the bottom half which helps when you are reading.
    Good luck.

Comment

hello joolzb,
      i live in the uk(north-east) and got my glasses tinted as my
      eyes were very sensitive to light.i was shown a scale of shades of tint
      i could have and chose a shade too dark.on opticians advice i went for
      a tint that i could use day and night.i had my prescription glasses tinted
      for 10 pounds.ive had some benefit since they were tinted but be careful
      not to choose too dark.
      best of luck,
      graham.

Comment

Working...
      X