Dry Eye Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Help?

New to this forum. Just wanted to give you a background. My eyes are healthy but every morning i wake up, my eyes are red and hard to open. I have to use eye drops. Sometimes they burn as well. i dont really understand it. I do have skin flushing and possible BP issues. Dont know. I have taken bodybuilding supplements that might cause this. Steriodal products but not sure. My skin flushes very easily as well. They both go hand and hand i think. If i even drink a few beers or what not, my eyes get very heavy and red. Who knows what this is. Some docs said i have dry eyes and others say i dont. Overall my eyes look OK< just broken blood vessels in them. Does this sound like dry eye due to hormones or maybe just high BP caus this. ANyways let me know.
    Thanks

Shane

Welcome to the board.

I couldn't give you an exact diagnosis, that is something you should consult your doctor for.

As for dryness in the morning, it is quite common for some of us to suffer that. I suggest a you try Genteal Gel or Dwelle (a product from the Dry Eye Shop) or a similar product that you can put in just before sleep and you may find this could help with the morning dryness.

I would avoid the ointment based products and go for the gel products.

Hope this helps

Ian

Comment

Hi,

Skin flushing can be a sign of rosacea, and rosacea can be triggered by alcohol, along with a list of other things. Some times people who have rosacea also have ocular rosacea and/or blepheritis. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "BP".

Of course it could be many things but this is what came to mind when you mentioned your skin.

These are some things you should do a little research on so you can have some specific questions for your Dr.

Good luck,

Bernadette
      Last edited by bernmee; 17-Nov-2008, 15:12. Reason: More info

Comment

Could this be dry eyes or something else?

I have red irritated eyes when i wake up. I think its hormones. I have taken supplements and what hormones would cause dry eyes? High estrogen? Low estrogen? High testosterone? Low testestorone? Etc...anything else?/?

Also whenever i work out or run, etc..i get red eyes and somewhat burn? Why is this? Dry Eyes? Just not sure. I am only 28 male. So kind of young to have dry eyes. I think hormones are playing a big part? I dont have rosacea or anything but i do have flushed skin and sensitive? Possibly due to hormones. Any help appreciatied?

Comment

Working...
        X