New To Site - Dry Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Site - Dry Eye

Hello... I just joined and I am glad to know I am not the only one going through "dry eye hell." Currently I am in a study, almost six weeks now, and have been given eye drops that could possibly be a placebo. Even my eye doctor doesn't know what it is. Along with the study drops given the doctor gives me all the Refresh eye drops that I need, and I use "a lot" of them. I have used all the over-the-counter drops, etc, and have found the gel that works best is the Refresh pm with drops during the day. I'm not supposed to be using it in the study but I couldn't stand my eyes any more. I blink constantly and can't keep my eyes open most of the day. I even walk with my eyes shut! It's horrible. I find all the stories quite interesting. I'm disappointed to hear that Restasis isn't what it's cracked up to be because I will go on that after the study. My doctor said it could take up to eight weeks before the medication starts working - so far I have seen any improvement whatsoever.

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to Dry Eye Talk!!

Originally posted by BARBRA
    I blink constantly and can't keep my eyes open most of the day. I even walk with my eyes shut! It's horrible.
    So sorry to hear this! You sound like a good candidate for some protective eyewear at least till the symptoms can be brought under better control. You may want to look at this forum for more information. Another thing to think about is finding out whether you may have meibomian gland dysfunction in which case warm compresses, nutritional supplements and (in some cases) oral antibiotics can help improve the oil layer of the tear film.

I'm disappointed to hear that Restasis isn't what it's cracked up to be because I will go on that after the study.
    Well, at the end of the day all that really matters is what works for YOU, because no one drug will work wonders for everyone. Some people seem to have excellent results with Restasis.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I'm not supposed to be using it in the study but I couldn't stand my eyes any more
      Barbra, I was in a dry eye study several years ago. It was to run for 4 months. After 5 weeks, I had to withdraw because I could not stand it without "good" at night etc. I would not be able to stay in the study.

You should level with the study doctors and withdraw for your own good. Your results would not be genuine if you're using forbidden drops, ointments, etc. Perhaps you have already pulled out of the study?
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X