Greetings! Q's about Blepharitis and Azasite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings! Q's about Blepharitis and Azasite

Hello Everyone! I am new to the Dry Eye Zone but I already have some questions and hope that someone will have advice.

I've had dry eye for roughly two years now and in the past few months blepharitis as well. Warm compresses and lid scrubs seem to help. I've read on here how some people using azasite feel relief and others who have tried it do not feel better. Fortunately, I think it is helping me.

My question is does anyone know how long it is okay to keep using it? One of my eye doctors told me that I can use it every single night since I don't take doxycycline and need consistant treatment for the blepharitis. However, another eye doctor told me that I should "pulse" it. Meaning, use it for a month, off for a month, back on etc.

Any thoughts?? (P.S. for those whose eyes it burns, I rub it into my lashes instead of instilling into the eye and this method does not burn, for me at least)

I'm just wondering can Azasite be got in Ireland?

Comment

Azasite

I know (from reading the posts) that dry eye sufferers abroad are unable to get Restasis but I'm not sure if the same goes for Azasite.

I'm trying to figure out about the continued use once you have already tried it...I've been told two things: 1) use it every night 2) to "pulse" it

Comment

Mimi-

There has been a lot written about Azasite on here, and I encourage you to spend some time searching out and reading others' posts.

My eye doctor told me to use Azasite every night for one month, then to take a break. He said they are still trying to figure out the best way to use it, whether it's one month on, one month off, or some other schedule. I've used it nightly for one month, then off for five months, then on for one month again.

I haven't heard of anyone using it every night for months on end. (That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, though!)

It has helped me a lot, in reducing my symptoms.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
        Teri

Comment

Thanks Teri!

I had done some reading in other posts but it wasn't until right after I posted my question that I finally came across where others specifically dicussed the dosing.

After reading what you said, as well as others, I've decided that it's best to take a break from it. I understand that the doctors believe that it stays around in your tissues for a while. Plus, I've felt little pain from the blepharitis (after using the azasite) and I'm able to comfortably stay off of it...sure hope this lasts until its time to go back on!

P.S. Last night I was able to express my glands for the first time (now I know how- Its tricky & I had been confused) and I'm hoping that that clears up some more symptoms!

Comment

Working...
          X