Hello everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody!

Hi everybody, I'm Brigitte from Germany, I have been suffering from dry eye for 7 years more or less, but even if I had to use artificial tears, this didn't seem as much as a problem but in the last month it really worsened.
    I can't find a doctor who really can give me advice or who seems prepared to give me the right treatment.
    My biggest problem is my left eye; I thought it had an infection cause it burns very much but the doctor said it's just because of the dryness and she just prescribed me more drops. It has been like that now since three weeks and it's really driving me crazy. I put everyday an ointment to help the little injuries in my eye heal faster and some day seems like it's actually working and some day not at all.
    Furthermore I see sometimes some lights on the side of my eyes, so the doctor checked the retina through this exam in which the pupils get dilated but didn't find any dangerous problems, and this was only two weeks ago. I'm really worried it could be something bad like detached retina and now I'm so stressed because of the pain, the worry and the scare this is going to last forever. I feel helpless and like anybody would understand what I'm going through...
    Did you ever had similar experiences?
    I'm really happy I found this web site in which we can talk about this problem!

Hi, Brigitte.

I'm sorry to hear about your painful eye problem. Is the pain more at one time of the day or night than others? I ask, because I have a nighttime problem (early morning problem), called "recurrent corneal erosions" (RCE's). My eyelid sticks to my cornea and tears, leaving my eye watering and vision blurry afterwards. Later in the day, my eyes feel uncomfortable, and it seems like there is a foreign object in them.

Have you ever had an eye injury to your corneal, like a corneal abrasion, in your left eye?

I haven't any thoughts on what might cause the bright light effect.

--Liz

Comment

Hi,

Just to let you know that I had a detached retina about 10 years ago and I had no pain at all, just a very sudden lose of vision. On the other hand corneal erosions are very painful, as is dry eye.

I don't know what could be causing your "bright lights". Do you think it could be caused by "floaters"? This link gives a good description of floaters and half way down you will see that some people experience bright lights.

http://www.uic.edu/com/eye/LearningA...Floaters.shtml

Did your Dr. perform any tests to measure your tears? Do you know what type of dry eye you have?

Bernadette

Comment

Thank you for your replies,

my left eye is ok in the morning or after a nap, but, as the night approaches it gets more painful, maybe because it's tired...If I wake up during the night i have to put drops in it but i don't wake up because of the pain...And yes, my eye too feels sometimes just burning and sometimes like there's something in it. I never had an injury but I had lasik seven years ago and I remember once, while riding with my bike an insect crashed into my eye and it took a long time before recovering, like one week, even if it was just such a smal lthing and didn't even go inside my eye.

I don't think I'm seeing these floaters, what i see is on the side of my eyes and just lights flashing, especially when my eyes are tired or very dry...Or if I stare at the comuter and then walk away. I had the retina checked only two weeks ago...How often should I have it checked? Sometimes I think I see this only because I´m worried and stressed about all this eye stuff. No doctor measured my tears and I was in the last month by three doctors! Why are doctors so bad?Shuld I try other doctors?

Comment

Working...
        X