Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh Endura in Europe

Hi all --

Given what my eye doc actually told me about my MGD and blepharitis, it sounds like an oil-based drop might be worth trying. The only one I've seen that looks good is Refresh Endura from Allergan, which is castor-oil based

(see http://www.ophthalmologytimes.com/op...l.jsp?id=57630 )

But it's only available in the US, apparently. I wrote to Allergan since they have European divisions, and the best they could do unfortunately was to refer me to two international pharmacies in the UK.

IDIS World Medicines
    Enquiries Department
    Helpline: 01932 824 000
    E-mail: enquiry@idispharma.com

John Bell & Croyden
    Customer Services
    Tel. 020 7935 5555
    E-mail: jbc@johnbellcroyden.co.uk

These pharmacies apparently can't help all that much -- John Bell says no way, IDIS says maybe, with a medical request, they could import 80 bottles for me to buy at once.

Though they might sell me a lot of just 20 maybe.

Neither knows if they will get the bottles refrigerated, and the article I link above points out clearly that without refrigeration, castor oil has a short shelf life as an eye drop.

So I call upon the wizards of Keratos Europe and ask if anyone else is trying this route...
    ---
    Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
    Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Hello!

I bought a packet with Refresh Endura through www.amazon.com/AC Lens some time ago. The drops costed 18,95 Dollars and shipping and handling (to Norway - Global priority) costed 12,95 Dollars. That was the only way I found out to get hold of them (I've also been in contact with international farmacies). So...in other words....EXPENSIVE :-I

So..I tried them out, and they were ok...but not fantastic in any way. Actually I had been expecing them to give much more relief than they did.

Greetings from Toril
    Last edited by Toril; 22-Nov-2006, 09:23. Reason: Forgot to include something

Comment

Hi Toril,
      I think I'll be able to go with you to the appointment... but in any case I hope we'll meet.
      sorry i can't answer but I have limited internet access at the library and email are forbidden... don't know about forums so...
      no-one i supposed ot ignore the law we say here but even for a jurist like me it may be better to ignore.
      take care, k

Comment

Hello, K!

...I sent you a private mail here on dryeyezone just now. Hope you are able to open it!

Toril
        Last edited by Toril; 28-Nov-2006, 10:45. Reason: I wrote too fast.....

Comment

Speaking of Refresh Endura.........I bought a box today which contained ONLY twenty (20) vials of this precious liquid. Cost was $12.48. This works out to 62 cents per one use vial.

I'll give my opinion after I've had a chance to use the liquid gold.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I'll give my opinion after I've had a chance to use the liquid gold.
            Nope, nada, nothing. A very expensive drop that did nothing for me. Geez, even if it helped, the cost is out of sight.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Liquid gold

Yeah it's expensive all right. I bought some on eBay from the US, not too bad a deal, but still well over $1 per use.

Anyway, it stung going in and kept on stinging. Tried for 2 days and gave up.

I now have about 15 of those little one-use droppers that I'm unlikely to use. Anyone in Scandinavia want some?
              ---

Comment

Refresh Endura rules if used as combo!

I recently found a nice water-based drop that's soothing and doesn't leave residue. It's a german product called "Artelac", available OTC here in Sweden.

(From "Dr. Mann Pharma" in Berlin)

But Artelac, like most water drops, doesn't last long for me.

And Refresh Endura stings and keeps on stinging.

Combined, however is a different story! I put in one drop of Artelac, damped away excess, then added a drop of Refresh Endura to each eye.

Got the best of both -- soothing, no stinging. Duration over 6 hours!

I am hooked.
                ---

Comment

Hi Steve

From which store on Ebay you bought your Endura eyedrops? How long it took for you to get those and what did they cost?

Just thinking of ordering those as I can`t find here in Finland.

Thanks

Comment

Where on eBay

I got them from a private seller on eBay. 2 boxes for $20 plus airmail to Sweden. I've bought twice from the same seller now.

http://myworld.ebay.com/kelleyooh72/ is the seller. I asked permission to post this, to make sure he really can get enough to meet demand.

Personally, I don't think that's too expensive, since all other eyedrops in the pharmacy here cost about $15 a package too, and that's without shipping.
                    Last edited by Steve; 04-Jan-2007, 09:21. Reason: To add sellers' name after getting permission.
                    ---

Comment

Artelac is actually a product made by Bausch & Laumb/Chauvin containing hypromellose available in several countries. I use it as well mainly because it's less salty than most drops. Costs 7.06 euros in France if not reimbursed.
                      Take care
                      K

Comment

Working...
                      X