Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocular Rosacea - please, only success stories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PG I have been using Cliradex for about six weeks. I've noticed mild improvements but nothing spectacular. I'm also going to treat for 3-4 months. My skin also responds well to treatments better than the eyes. My eyelids are also only red now at the margins. I don't have crusting though and am not totally convinced Demodex is my problem.

Comment

There is a rosacea.org site, where if you search for demodex articles, an awful lot of recent articles come up. If this doesn't address the lid margins in 3 months, then I think I'll be looking at diet.

I am also doing these supplements which has been a pleasant surprise, but does not help with those lid margins. http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...e-improvements
      Last edited by PG; 11-Dec-2016, 23:21.

Comment

I'm on day 3 cliradex. eyelids are a bit more red but eyes feel better. PG did your eyelids get worse before they improved? My skin might just be too sensitive for TTO

Comment

josepht3, no the lid margins did not get worse first, but I did have to cut back from 2x day to 1x a day for the eyes because I found the Cliradex drying. The progress is slow.

Comment

Joseph, my eyes got worse at first with Demodex treatments. I think it was die off. It felt like a severe allergic reaction! It got better after about two weeks.

Comment

I am done with the Cliradex treatment (3 mos). I had a huge improvement in my skin, and overall mild improvement of my eyes. I have less troubles with eye irritation when sleeping, and slight less pinkness of the lid margin. I am assuming that Demodex were a contributing factor but not the cause of my ocular rosacea.

Comment

Hi this is a success story, that there hope for all who been affect with ocular rosacea, after many mins treatment, I was able to found out I also had this, I told to take 1 aerius two times a day, and was giving hydrocortisone, to but on my eyelids 3 times a day, the swelling was going down a bit after two days but the pressure from the swelling was killing me, waking me up in the middle of the night, then I was like I wonder if I take Advil’s will that help with pain, not only did it help with pain it took the pressure and all the swelling out of my eyes and back to normal by day two after the taking Advil’s I took Advil’s for 3 days altogether, every 6 hours I took two... now I’m happy and back to my normal, I was giving up hope that anything would work, but all this together gave me my norm back thank you, so I’m hoping by posting this that someone may also find comfort, and try this, it never goes away just goes in remission, but I’m ready for it next time, then hopefully I won’t have to go threw all this again.. good luck everyone and please you have to try this so you’ll know it does work

Comment

Declanium, I can now report a 100% success story. I kept doing the routines / treatment that I described above. And at some point in early 2019 ALL symptoms disappeared. My lid margins were the same color as the rest of my skin, no dryness, no waking in the middle of the night with eye pain. I stopped taking extra breaks from the computer during my workday, wearing goggles, eye drops, and Restasis. This lasted three years. I only did warm compresses 2x daily, Systane lid wipes 2x daily, and DHEA supplements. I forgot about dry eye. Just in the last couple of months I've had a recurrence, but I didn't slide all the way back. I suspect this has occurred because I started drinking alcohol again and I believe the vendor of my unregulated DHEA product changed their formula. So i've resumed some of my previous treatments / routines, including the Cliradex, and improvements are already happening. I hope it doesn't take a year.

Comment

Working...
                  X