Lumify Redness Reliever Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumify Redness Reliever Now Available

I didn't see any topics on Lumify coming out so I thought I would start one because many people on this board are probably looking forward to it. I tried it yesterday. It works quite well, probably not quite as effective as Visine, but my eye was very white for at least four hours. The problem for most people on here is that it contains BAK. It definitely caused me the same type of irritation that all BAK-containing eye drops do for me. If you are BAK sensitive, I would advise saving the $20 and not even trying it. In terms of rebound, I did have some extra redness this morning after using it last night so not sure if there's a subtle rebound effect or (more likely) simply redness from the BAK irritation.

BRIMONIDINE has been a game changer for me for years. I’ve managed to get my dry eye under control through lipiflow, serum drops and Xiidra but the redness has persisted. My eye doctor gave me Alphagon P which I dilute and use daily. It’s a miracle, No issues if I don’t use it but it certainly has helped my embarrassing red eyes.

Comment

How long have you been using your diluted Alphagan P? I tried this solution also but did not work for long term.
      What is your daily routine in the use of Brimonidine?

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin1987 View Post
        How long have you been using your diluted Alphagan P? I tried this solution also but did not work for long term.
        What is your daily routine in the use of Brimonidine?
        I’ve been using the diluted Alphagan for at least 3 years. I’m surprised it didn’t work long term - did it just stop working for you? I put a drop in my eyes in the morning and one midday and this works well for me.

I take a refresh bottle, pop the top off, and then put 8-10 drops in the bottle and shake it up. This lasts me a few weeks.

I haven’t had any rebound redness or adverse side effects using it in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by okhuskerfan View Post

I’ve been using the diluted Alphagan for at least 3 years. I’m surprised it didn’t work long term - did it just stop working for you? I put a drop in my eyes in the morning and one midday and this works well for me.

I take a refresh bottle, pop the top off, and then put 8-10 drops in the bottle and shake it up. This lasts me a few weeks.

I haven’t had any rebound redness or adverse side effects using it in this way.
          Hey okhuskerfan, what do you use to dilute the Alphagan P with?

Comment

Where can I get alphagan P from? How can I convince my doctor?

Comment

I tried these Lumify eye drops yesterday with great anticipation, and was disappointed. At first, the redness did go away, but after a couple of hours, my eyes felt like they were burning and very dry. Like you, the redness seems worse this morning. I have been dousing my eyes with lubricating drops today. As you pointed out, it’s difficult to determine if the main ingredient or the preservative BAK is to blame for the side effects. It’s such a letdown.

Comment

Awful side effect here with Lumify. I tried these last month and was amazed at how white my eyes became in a few minutes. Then later that night before bed, I had a throbbing headache on the right side of my forehead that continued on and off for the next two days. I rarely get headaches so I know the pain was caused from these drops. It's listed as a side effect online.

Unfortunately, the benefit definitely doesn't out weigh the headache in my case.

Comment

I didn't get a headache but my dry eyes seem worse with Lumify. I used it about 2 weeks then stopped.

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true

Comment

I did get my dr to write a script for Alphagan P - she even told me what to mix / how much to mix to dilute it. Seems to work as well as Lumify - but without BAK.

Comment

Working...
                      X