Punctual plugs help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punctual plugs help!!!

Hello, my name is Darlene and I'm new to the site. I suffer from moderate dry eye and had punctual plugs inserted in both eyes on 8/15/18. They have helped with the sandy, gritty feeling that I've had daily on the inside of my upper eyelids. However ever since I've had them placed I have gotten headaches, some pain behind my eyes and a weird sensation that my eyes are sort of filling up with water, tears. I feel a little pressure of sorts kind of as if it were a balloon being filled up to the max with water. I've been back to my doctor and he said my eyes look great, that any problems like I'm explaining is not coming from my eyes. Can anyone relate to having the same symptoms or help me in any way? Thank you so much, Darlene

Hi Darlene! Welcome! I'm going to move your post over to the open forum where it's more likely to be seen.

That's a little unusual and I'll be interested to see if anyone else has experienced something similar. Are your plugs external? Internal? Solid or dissolvable? And, just lowers?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Nope never experienced anything like what you are talking about. I could see the sensations possible being related but the headaches sound like a stretch. Are you setting any over tearing at all?

Comment

Thank you Rebecca!!! I'm hoping that people will see it and share their stories or opinions. I have oasis silicone punctual plugs. My doctor said the should last about 8 months, they were inserted pretty easily with no pain. To be honest I never asked if they were upper or lowers, I think they are lowers though. My headaches have actually gotten a bit better. Still feeling that sensation like my eyes are filled up with water. At times I have an overflow of tearing in the inner corners if my eyes nothing too bad though, other than at times I'm seeing a bit blurry more at work when I'm on the computer I think from my eyes tearing a bit causing some blurriness. Any thoughts at all?

Comment

When I first had permanent (umbrella-style) plugs inserted, I recall a feeling of fullness in my lids around the puncta. I assumed this was because I was feeling the pressure of the plug pushing on the puncta walls... but in time, I didn't notice it anymore.

Your eyes sometimes filling up with tears is a common thing with plugs since those tears can no longer can drain as easily, as your puncta is blocked off. For me, my eyes were soooo much more comfortable with plugs that I didn't care about the teariness when it happened... but your mileage may vary, depending on how much or how little improvement in comfort you get with your own plugs.

Comment

Working...
          X