Question about my eyes and corneal debridement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my eyes and corneal debridement

so long story short, as I start to heal my eyes by taping them closed, I’m realizing the left eye that had the debridement, is just more comfortable. There’s none of that bumpy, roughy feeling in the left eye, but the right eye has it. I believe it’s making my blink hurt, it’s causing friction and subsequent burning (I assume). Bottom line, the left feels better and the only thing different between the two eyes is a debridement. I’m going to make 100% sure that’s whats helping my eye before I decide on any surgeries. To be honest, the first one hurt so bad I’m not sure I could do the right. Then again I’m not sure I can live with this right one like this.

So all that said, if you were in my position, and you got a lot of consults and the doctors agree that a debridement would help...would you feel comfortable doing it or would you resign yourself to the fact that the right eye just won’t ever be right? But also be happy you’re not in tons of pain?

I mean even if i find out it would help, it would take a lot of mantel preparation to go through that again. Even if it was guaranteed by god had the outcome would be good, not sure if I could do it.

But i I have to consider it at this point because the left eye is soooooo good. Not perfect, but not scratchy, not burning, it feels smooth about 95% of the surface. There is a drawback, I have what feels like an eyelash in the corner of my eye near my caruncle. It happened literally moments after the surgery. Feels like she nicked something...so not perfect..but much more toleravje than the burning sandy surface of the right eye. The left eye also has more glare, so I’d be risking visual disturbance for possible comfort.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Rebecca Petris I know you’re busy, but I trust your opinion a great deal, if you have a moment, id love to hear your take on it. Thank you!

How do doctors report the condition of the right cornea compared to the left before debridement?

Comment

Originally posted by Meibum Ian View Post
      How do doctors report the condition of the right cornea compared to the left before debridement?
      Before debridement, when the initial injury happened, they said, it’s in the exact same spot on both sides, do you have any dystrophies in your family?

The reason we only did the left, is because the left was visually worse, more glare, haze, halos and the right had pretty much no visual issues. But they were both Injured in the same manner and stained nearly the same from what I was told.

Im realizing now the reason it was in the same spot on both sides is that I sleep with my eyes open. In my opinion, that’s why the initial abrasion, although superficial, didn’t heal properly.

Comment

Working...
      X