Incomplete lid closure, blurry vision and Prose/scleral lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbperso View Post

Could you please explain very precisely how to make and apply it ?
    dimension, where and how to put it?
    I use mepitac tape, 1.5” width and then I cut the length to the size of my middle finger. It may seem excessive, but I find if I don’t use enough tape, the seal breaks more easily.

When I apply the tape, I start at my nose and upper eyelid. I press the tape lightly across the upper lid from nose to temple. Then, I squeeze my eyes so it’s shut firmly and press the rest of the tape down onto my cheek to lock that upper lid in place.

Wjen I start applying at the nose, I have to make sure I follow the curve of the eyelid. So I make sure I poke that tape in with my finger, so it’s pressed tightly against my nose and eyelid. It takes practice to find the right pressure. If you take too tightly, you’ll feel it pressing against the cornea and it’s uncomfortable. Too lightly or not sealing the nose area properly, the tape will just pop off. You gel/ointment may leak out, or just sweating may break the seal. So that’s another reason I use a long piece of tape.

Any clarifications just ask!

Comment

Thank for this very clear description
      have you heard about "Glad Press N'seal" plastic wrap ? it seems used by a lot of people

Comment

Working...
      X