Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi deep_dry_eye

low TBUT
    what is your lipid layer thickness/LLT then? if I may ask. I assume LLT and TBUT are related, right?

------------------------------
    Hi Ebi
    thanks for sharing the great news.

What are your LLT, TBUT then? I assume if LLT at least 70 (which was mine in Feb.) should be pretty comfortable provided no other issues such as inflammation etc.

recently learnt that positive predictive value for
    TBUT is only 25% while
    osmolarity 87%
    staining is 31%.
    Schirmer 31%...I actually think should be maybe 10%, 95% experts in USA do not use it for dry eye anyway

not surprised based on my personal experience too.
    Last edited by MGD1701; 18-Oct-2018, 14:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
      hi deep_dry_eye

low TBUT
      what is your lipid layer thickness/LLT then? if I may ask. I assume LLT and TBUT are related, right?

------------------------------
      Hi Ebi
      What are your LLT, TBUT then? I assume if LLT at least 70 (which was mine in Feb.) should be pretty comfortable provided no inflammation or mild inflamamtion.

My TBUT is low but non-invasive are almost double. Some dr saidnon-invasive TBUT is more accurate as florsein is still irrirating to eyes.
      Hi
      My LLT was 70 and 38 in right and left eyes respectively. My doctor measued it back in July so I don’t know now. Maybe after my last IpL she measures it again.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

Really happy for you, pls keep us posted!

Yes, my glands produce good clear liquid secretions according to my doctor, but I have terrible TBUT. The theory is that I have decent quality but low volume production.

You could still benefit from Prokera, Prokera can heal the nerves, even if you don't have any staining. I definitely feel a lot better in terms of foreign body sensation after my Prokera. I am planning to do a second repeat Prokera in the same eye.
        Yes I am seeing dr Mahraj Nov 15. He said, he will do Prokera the same day if I am a candidate.

when you do IPL, Do you feel better right after? I think I have a bad day today. No terrible thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

Yes I am seeing dr Mahraj Nov 15. He said, he will do Prokera the same day if I am a candidate.

when you do IPL, Do you feel better right after? I think I have a bad day today. No terrible thought.
          No, I don't think I feel super better the day after. IMO, the disease has high variance, so its hard to say if a treatment gives immediate results, or just variance of the disease.

Comment

Since my IPL on Wednesday, my eyes are not doing great. I don’t know if it is bc of IPL or anything else.

Comment

I'm seeing that Dr in two weeks for IPL treatment. Hopefully it helps. I'm also told that my glands produce good oil but the problem is quantity. Fingers crossed.

Comment

phenix01 Has any doctor suggested Prokera to you?

Comment

phenix01 Has any doctor suggested Prokera to you?
                  No, prokera aims to repair the damaged surface area. There's no point doing that if you dont fix the underlying cause imo. IPL aims to fix the underlying cause, that is insufficient lipids secretions.

Comment

Originally posted by phenix01 View Post

No, prokera aims to repair the damaged surface area. There's no point doing that if you dont fix the underlying cause imo. IPL aims to fix the underlying cause, that is insufficient lipids secretions.
                    One theory of Prokera is that it can heal the nerves. Damaged nerves can cause your glands to malfunction, which in return causes more damaged nerves. Prokera can help break this cycle of inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

One theory of Prokera is that it can heal the nerves. Damaged nerves can cause your glands to malfunction, which in return causes more damaged nerves. Prokera can help break this cycle of inflammation.
                      If nerves are damaged I guess not only lipid secretions would be lacking but also liquid ones. Not sure if this is your case but this couls be an indicator.

Comment

If nerves are damaged I guess not only lipid secretions would be lacking but also liquid ones. Not sure if this is your case but this couls be an indicator.
                        Good pt, but it may also only effect the MG glands. Our understanding of the physiology is really limited.

Comment

I read IPL is used to remove hair. Can IPL on the face aimed at MGD have an impact on a man's beard?

Comment

I read IPL is used to remove hair. Can IPL on the face aimed at MGD have an impact on a man's beard?
                            IPL is targeted around the eye lids, so no. If you target it around your facial hair area, then maybe.

Comment

I'm having a hard time understanding how the shields safely protect the eye. The shields seem very small and not tightly fitting the skin around the eye, it looks like the light could enter the eye area under the shield. Can someone with a strong understanding please clarify?

Comment

I'm having a hard time understanding how the shields safely protect the eye. The shields seem very small and not tightly fitting the skin around the eye, it looks like the light could enter the eye area under the shield. Can someone with a strong understanding please clarify?
                                You probably got stickers instead of shields, shields fit underneath the eyelid while stickers fit over top. Both are safe, but shields let you do the upper lids as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X