prokera in UK/ Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prokera in UK/ Europe

I’m sure this has probably been talked about before, but I couldn’t find it.
    I was wondering if anyone has had prokera lenses in the uk or anywhere relatively near by.
    I can only really find clinics that do this in America, so I was just wondering if anyone in the UK has had any luck with this!

Alex Shortt in London

Comment

Lena11 thank you, will have a look in to it

Comment

Shell259 as someone in the uk who has been on the same quest, can I ask why you won't to try AMT?

Comment

quattroboy I don’t really know what AMT is to be honest?

Comment

Originally posted by Shell259 View Post
            quattroboy I don’t really know what AMT is to be honest?
            Prokera is a form of AMT (amniotic membrane transplant).

With Prokera, amniotic tissue is placed inside a contact lens and then your Dr will place the contact lens into your eye. Over a course of 2-7 days (each patient is different), the amniotic tissue is absorbed by your eye. It is theorized the amnitoic tissue to contain a lot of goodies, such as stem cells and growth factors, that can help heal your ocular surface. After your eye absorbs the tissue, your doctor will then remove the contact lens and hopefully you will feel better!

Comment

quattroboydeep_dry_eye Yes I thought prokera was an contact lens, and when I’ve searched for AMT it sounds like an actual lens transplant? Sorry if I’m getting this wrong?
              Id rather try the prokera, sounds a lot less scary!

Comment

Also worth noting that Matheson Optometrists in Hampshire UK do AMT (though not in Prokera form): http://www.matheson-optometrists.com/

Comment

Meibum Ian thanks for this, interesting I live in Hampshire and having done a lot of research, I still hadn’t come across this place! So close to me as well. I’ll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Shell259 View Post
                    quattroboydeep_dry_eye Yes I thought prokera was an contact lens, and when I’ve searched for AMT it sounds like an actual lens transplant? Sorry if I’m getting this wrong?
                    Id rather try the prokera, sounds a lot less scary!
                    prokera is a form of AMT , AMT comes in many forms.

Comment

Working...
                    X