Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here have conjunctival chalasis (CCH)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied

Originally posted by TARYN View Post
    My symptoms were burning, redness and inflammation and immediately after the surgery I felt relief from those symptoms. After then surgery for 3 weeks I used a steroid drop and an antibiotic drop. I was relieved that the burning and redness did not return when I stopped taking the drops. I had the surgery many years ago so I don't remember if I had a low TBUT.
    Thanks for coming back and sharing this.

Alix
    Looks like Ike you have an avenue to peruse. See what some docs say about your CCH. I think you’re onto something here.

Leave a comment:

• TARYN
    replied
    My symptoms were burning, redness and inflammation and immediately after the surgery I felt relief from those symptoms. After then surgery for 3 weeks I used a steroid drop and an antibiotic drop. I was relieved that the burning and redness did not return when I stopped taking the drops. I had the surgery many years ago so I don't remember if I had a low TBUT.

Leave a comment:

• MGD1701
    replied
    Hi Taryn
    thanks for sharing.
    Did CCH cause you watery, gritty eyes? Did you have low TBUT?
    I do know when one has CCH, MMP-9 could be positive too.

Leave a comment:

• TARYN
    replied
    My CCH was mild also. I tried drops and compresses but nothing helped except the excision of the conjunctival folds and the placement of the amniotic membrane over the area that was operated on. You are right about it causing an unstable tear film which produced the symptoms of inflammation, redness and burning. My tears were not fully covering and lubricating the ocular surface. It was an easy recovery and I felt relief from my symptoms immediately. I would assume it would have gotten worse if I did not take care of it, but I don't know how fast or slow it would have progressed.

Leave a comment:

• Alix
    started a topic Does anyone here have conjunctival chalasis (CCH)?

Does anyone here have conjunctival chalasis (CCH)?

I was just re-reading the diagnosis sheet today from my last appointment at Moorfields 2 months ago and it says I have conjunctival chalasis (CCH). I remember the doctor telling me I had this but playing it down saying it was minimal and didn't require surgical correction.

I didn't pay much attention at the time as I hadn't heard of this condition before and didn't think it was related to my problems ie evaporative dry eye.

But now I have read up on it, there is apparently a link between CCH and dry eye in that it causes unstable tear film, inflammation etc and that in many cases people are misdiagnosed with dry eye when in fact they have CCH only, because the symptoms are similar. Some people have surgery and their "dry eye" problems are resolved.

I did say to myself I would never go to Moorfields NHS again, but since I have nothing to lose except my time, I will go there anyway in January for my next check up appointment and ask them more questions about CCH then.

In the meantime I was wondering if anyone had this, and if so, is it something that develops over time? Will this get worse for me? Is there anything I can do to stop this from progressing?

I am sure that my main issue is meibomian gland atrophia but the fact I have CCH however minimal it is, cannot be helping matters.
    Last edited by Alix; 12-Dec-2018, 15:26.
Working...
X