Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you severely disabled? I would like to hear from you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you severely disabled? I would like to hear from you.

I am, happened like 4 years ago, some unknown disease unlike anything I've heard of by doctors or online, I have dry eyes but it seems to be caused by some problem in either my lacrimal gland or the nerves connecting the lacrimal gland to the eye/brain. I get extremely disabling pain in my lacrimal glands, and have spent loong periods without being able to open my eyes. Haven't been able to use a computer or work, sometimes couldn't7can't even go outside.

Anyone else have similarly severe eye problems, like extremely dry eyes, or corneal neuralgia or something? What is it like for you?

HI there. Sorry to hear about your problems. I am very disabled by extremely severe dry eye. Basically I can't go outside, read, watch TV or do housework. I use the computer very sparingly - maybe 5-10 minutes a day. They seem to be getting worse. I would say it has been like a bereavement. I am severely restricted in what I can do and find the worry and fear paralysing at times. Best wishes to you.

Comment

Many of us are disabled by this condition, so you're definitely not alone. The degree to which we are impacted can vary though - I've been so bad that I spent as many waking hours as possible with my eyes shut and covered by a cool compress to alleviate pain... I've had to spend a prolonged period in a dark room resting my eyes, I've had other times when all I need to do is avoid wind, computer use, TV, reading, dry environments etc.... and I've also had times where I feel almost normal (when living in warm, highly humid, tropical climates for months). The degree of disability ebbs and flows depending on circumstances.

However, there is hope. The way you are now isn't necessarily the way you will be in future... hang in there!
      Last edited by SAAG; 16-Jan-2019, 06:10.

Comment

Working...
      X