Can the plugs go beneath the surface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the plugs go beneath the surface?

Hello. I had punctal plugs put in the lowers 11 years ago. Lately my eyes have been bothering me a lot and I had the sense that the punctal plugs were the cause of it. So I went to the doctor who originally put them in and when he looked at my eyes he claimed that the left one was gone. Then he pressed his finger in that area and I could feel it in there. I asked him if it's possible that it could have somehow got under the surface and he said no it's not possible because they have a "mushroom" head that prevents that from happening. Then he pressed on the other side and I could feel one too but higher up. When he pressed on the left tear duct he asked if it felt tender and it did. Then he asked about the right one and I said a little, but not much. Then he claimed "it looks like you're getting a chaizon" (sorry I don't know how to spell it) in the left eye. I don't believe it! I haven't seen anything like that and I had looked all around my eye lids with a magnifying glass before going to the appointment. What I think happened is that when he originally put them in, he pushed the plug too far and it ended up below the surface and now it's stuck in there and I want it out. My question is whether there's any way to tell for sure that it's still in there. I have a hard time believing that it fell out because I had him take the right one out (despite smelling alcohol on his breath!) and it was difficult to remove and I felt it pop out after he tugged it. I don't believe one of these could just fall out. They have been in there 11 years. I'm at my wits end with the dry eyes. I want new plugs because I use a CPAP machine at night and all this started with the CPAP, the air travels up through the drain that's connected to my nose and dries my eyes out. The plugs helped that. I can't sleep without it because I have very severe apnea. Please, do you know if there is a non-invasive way to tell if the plug is still in there??? Obviously I'm going to find another doctor, no way I'd go back to an eye doctor that smells like whiskey.

''I asked him if it's possible that it could have somehow got under the surface and he said no it's not possible because they have a "mushroom" head that prevents that from happening. ''

Eye doctors should just be lined up and executed.. At least your doctor has an excuse with his drunkenness, my doctors were not drunk, just stupid arrogant assholes. They told me the same thing even when I saw my punctal plug going in there because I accidentally pushed too hard on it. Yes it can happen, I don't know about your situation but plugs, even the ones that are supposed to sit on the outside can go in and also they can go out, it's happened to me, I have a bunch of external plugs that have gone inside, I get weird mild infections in my right eye because of it sometimes.

I can't stand arrogant idiot doctors, sorry for this rant.

Comment

Working...
    X