Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More issues with dryness/redness this winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More issues with dryness/redness this winter?

Hello, everyone! I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing a significant backslide in the past month or two? In my area our temperatures have been in the zero to negative degrees Fahrenheit, and I'm really struggling.

Do any of you use heavier drops, ointments, etc. at these times?

I am having constant pain too. I am in Calgary Canada and it is freezing. Not sure if it is the weather or my dry eye got worse. I really hope it is for weather.
    Last edited by ebi1368; 13-Feb-2019, 10:17.

Comment

Same here. I'm in Boston and my eyes have def backtracked. My skin is also dry as can be no matter how much water I drink. Chalk it up to Mother Nature,

Comment

I’m in Vancouver Canada and we have had dry, cold weather and I feel worse!

Comment

Looks like a trend! Thanks, everyone. I was really afraid something was going seriously wrong, but it sounds like it is, as CJ L says, Mother Nature!

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I was starting to become seriously concerned, but it sounds like it is just a temporary response to the weather.

Comment

In winter, the indoor air gets quite dry and this can make your eyes feel much worse. The outdoor humidity could be cool and humid, but indoor, it'll tend to be much more dry.

One can buy an inexpensive hygrometer at the local hardware store to check your indoor humidity levels... you might be surprised by just how low the humidity drops in winter, particularly on cold days when the heat is on constantly.

Comment

OK, so what is a better drop to use in winter or when eyes are severely dry. Refresh is not cutting it, especially at night. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't even open my eyes due to ultra severe dryness. Not much heat in the room I sleep in as I like it that way so it's not the dry heat, just the dry cold air, I guess. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X