Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now my eyes are watery and itchy

Hi,

I posted here because I have blepharitis and had serious dry eye issues over the winter. Just in the past few days things have changed. I had to go on a trip and in doing so I now have issues with my eyes being a bit pink, itchy and now watery. It did rain today but now has turned to snow. Humidity in the house is the usual level.

Watery would be fine but the itching is driving me mad, and I'm worried this is another infection.

I have a bit of "bubbling" along the top of one eyelash line, has happened before, the swelling did go away last time though I don't recall if that was on its own or because of antibiotics.

I also had a prominent stye but it's clearing up.

The watery feeling also comes with a mild "toxic eye" feeling. When my eyes are dry I can get serious "toxic eye" feelings, like someone poured vinegar in my eye, and have to put a cloth on when that happens.

I just don't understand what's going on here. So far today, no build up of white toothpaste oil in corners of the eyes. Which is another mystery..how could I get the white thick oil some days, and then other days nothing, but a watery feeling with itching??

I realize itchy watery eyes can be a sign of allergies...but I'm wondering if this itching could be a sign of infection. Crusting today is not that bad. The last optometrist I saw said to call for antibiotics if I had a lot of crusting.

I have rosacea too, since that's relevant.

Also I don't usually have itching and I realize watery eyes could be a sign of allergies, too, but have never been told I had them.

Comment

What drugs or rehimen are you on for your eyes? Do you clean your eyes with hypochlorous acid?

Comment

Hi, Thank you for answering. I'm not on any pills or medicated eye drops right now. I take the Refresh eye drops with no preservatives usually once a day (up to four drops.) I do two warm (or sometimes cool) compresses a day, then usually run my eyes under the shower water twice a day too. I can leave the compresses on up to an hour, if I do shorter time periods they often act up more. I haven't tried hypochlorous acid, I was thinking I might try it but just read about someone who had a breathing issue using one kind of it, and I have a breathing issue already, so wonder if I could even handle it.

I am trying to think what changed to make them watery, today they feel more like baseline, fairly dry, not too much of a toxic eye feeling today though as I've stayed on top of taking care of them. Aside from the warmer weather I briefly had to put on an eye mask that was kind of tight while at an appointment...I'm wondering now maybe the pressure from the mask pushed on the glands and caused oil release?

I just hope this is not what my eyes are going to be like when it warms up now, watery and itchy...Watery I could probably take but itchy drives me mad. And the toxic eye feeling even when I've looked after them is hard to deal with.

Comment

I think I've figured it out, I think it is a demodex issue. The toxic eye feeling may be their toxins being released into my eyes. I may have to try the hypochlorous acid (making sure not to inhale it), as I'm losing so many lashes now, I have to find a way to stop this and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by How View Post
            I think I've figured it out, I think it is a demodex issue. The toxic eye feeling may be their toxins being released into my eyes. I may have to try the hypochlorous acid (making sure not to inhale it), as I'm losing so many lashes now, I have to find a way to stop this and soon.
            If it is a demodex -- the cure is simple -- just do tea tree oil wipes (i.e., Cliradex) for ~3 months and it should be cleared. It is low risk and cheap.

Comment

Thank you, I think I'm going to order some tonight...Crossing my fingers there's some easy way to solve this.

Comment

Working...
              X