Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd time on Minocycline, and testosterone Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd time on Minocycline, and testosterone Question.

Hi there,

I tried minocycline 1.5 years ago for 2 months. It actually worked in bringing inflammation down in my eye, which enabled my eyelids to feel "normal". I no longer had the gunky heavy feeling. After I stopped the 2 month cycle, by two days later the heaviness was back.
    I started a 2nd cycle about 10 days ago, and I don't think this time it's as effective. Has anyone got experience with that, and with that happening?
    The first 4 days, it did alleviate some of the tearing. But my eyes are still heavy. I'm not sure if I just need to give it some more time, but I don't remember the 1st time taking this long.

I had heard that testosterone can reduce the inflammation in your eye. How can I try this? I am in Canada.
    Is this a cream or patch? How to use it? I'm assuming it's prescription only? Is there a brand name I can ask my Dr. for?

If you are in Canada, you should have access to Xiidra and Restasis. I am on both -- give that a try.

If Minocycline helps you, then it is probably an inflammation problem. Both Xiidra and Restasis are anti-inflammatory medication aimed to control and reduce the inflammation. If you are located in a major city, you should also give IPL a try.

I would not go the Testosterone route until you have exhausted other options and have evidence that T is the problem.

Comment

Just adding to my first post. I have now completed 3 months of minocycline. And I will say, this round was not as successful as the first time I tried it almost 2 years ago for my tearing eye.
      The first time I used minocycline it really helped. My eyelids didn't have that "heavy" gunky feeling, and I wasn't tearing up.

This 2nd time round, I was outside alot more, as it was Spring/Summer. Every time going outside, my eyes would tear/water/discharge. I'm not sure if its a trigger from the wind or what.
      So the minocycline was almost completely useless.

BTW, has anyone saw this article?
      https://www.livescience.com/65774-ba...ve-on-eye.html

It's about the eye's microbiome.
      I still believe whatever's causing my issues, was started from bacteria. And, it's my belief that it's contagious.

Comment

Hi wakeupscreaming

thank you for your update. Sorry to hear it didn't work as well this time. I was the same with Eye steriods. It's time worked brilliantly but 2 and 3 time no relief whatsoever.

and also thank you for thelink on eye bacteria. I think in 10/20 years time they will be able to treat and understand and prevent dry eye..

Comment

Working...
        X