Dry eyes and work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes and work

How condusive is your occupation to dry eyes? Since so many jobs require computers/ screens these days, what have you done/ do you do to manage this

Hi guest, good question. I work in front of a computer 8 hours a day, sometimes even more, and I have to admit that it is not easy. I have tried a lot of things, but now I just manage this with:
    • a healty diet with a lot of fruit and vegetables, walnuts & almonds, fish, kefir, and 2 litres of water.
    • going to the gym
    • putting lubrificant eye drops
    • avoiding computer and tv at home
    • sometimes I do hot compresses and nasal rinses

My routine let me work but is not the cure. Following a healty diet & lifestyle is fundamental.

Comment

If you work in an office environment I would recommend getting moisture chamber glasses ASAP. Ziena eyewear has multiple frames online to purchase, both for men and women that can also be fitted with prescription and anti-glare/blue light blocking lenses. I wear 7Eye frames for almost every other task outside of the office since they appear more sunglasses-like than the Ziena frames.

I've noticed a tremendous difference in the past few months since I started wearing moisture chambers at work. It's pretty much the only way I can manage with heaters/AC units constantly blowing. Your coworkers won't even notice after a few days if the social aspect of wearing these in the office scares you.

Besides that, download a blink reminder and set it to every 5-10 minutes so you force yourself to look away from the screen and take breaks. I use eyeCare for Google Chrome and set it to 5 minutes. It pops up in the right corner of your screen no matter what window you currently have open on your screen.

Put in PF vials as needed and reduce screen time outside of work as much as possible and get adequate rest every night. It's quite an adjustment to work in an office with dry eyes, but a lot of us manage. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Comment

Working...
      X