Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can blepharitis or MDG cause red bumps in the under eye circle area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can blepharitis or MDG cause red bumps in the under eye circle area?

I'm just wondering...I keep getting red bumps near my eyes on and off since my dry eyes got worse. I have acne and often think that's what it is only most of the time I never got acne in certain areas (over the eye but under brow, or in the circle region under the eye.) Since having had blephex done I started to get tiny red bumps on and off which look like the milia (i think that's what they are called) getting inflamed. I don't have any pain when this happens, don't even notice until I look in the mirror. After blephex the first night I had tons of discharge coming out of my eyes.

Recently had a red bump over one eye, it started to go away now i have a bigger one under the other eye.

I have had very dry skin since this eye worsening issue too, and now have a lot of dry skin around my eyes.

Could it be that with blepharitis and extra bacteria being produced that I'm getting a lot of clogged pores around my eyes? And after blephex with that discharge being released maybe it helped cause blocked pores? Or could it be just that I have this extra dry skin issue and it ends up helping clog my pores?

Oh and I have had to stop doing warm compresses partly because the inflammation never went away from after I did blephex but also because if I use heat i can start to get a bump. However this was sometimes an issue way back in the day too when using warm cloths, I could get a pimple on the bridge of my nose for instance since heat can exacerbate acne.

I have rosacea too so not sure how that factors in as well.

For a while I was led to believe I might have lupus and I understand that you can sometimes have it and not know since the tests may come back okay but are not definitive. I recall reading of red bumps around eyes being a symptom. Does anyone here have lupus (definite diagnosis) and have this? I would get a patch of red skin in one eyebrow that does not fit the definition of acne at all and never have figured out what that is. I thought it might indicate lupus. However these other bumps typically are more like pimples.

I still have a dry mouth too, no explanation for that, they thought I had Sjogren's between the pretty severe case of dry eyes I have and the dry mouth so there are still "hints' that lupus could be there.

Working...
X